Exel drivers

i tried calling HR this morning and they useless so here we go :unamused:

i am trying to build a database of Exel contracts in Central Scotland.
if anyone happens to come across any could you please get me a contact number?

Try making a Database of DHL ones, will save doing it again in a few weeks :laughing:

scanny77:
i tried calling HR this morning and they useless so here we go :unamused:

i am trying to build a database of Exel contracts in Central Scotland.
if anyone happens to come across any could you please get me a contact number?

why :question:

looking for a job Kitkat. a transfer would make more sense than seeking and applying for work then going through basic rate tax problems etc etc etc. they already have me on file so it would be so much easier if they transferred me.
i did manage to get a look at the works database for internal vacancies and Bellshill kept cropping up so i took all the details i could. it seems that Exel themselves dont know what contracts they have as there is no database of them. you would think that someone would know who they are delivering goods for :confused:

i do know they’ve got the b&q worksop contract and are currently recruiting drivers, if thats any good?

A database does exist because our HR department have pulled stuff off it for our blokes.

I have had cause to use Lotus Notes for email in a previous job with the firm, and I remember that this program had a facility to search for Exel sites by country / region etc. This was a couple of years ago, but still exists as far as I’m aware.

Sounds to me like you’ve been fobbed off mate - I’d have another go!

scanny77:
looking for a job Kitkat. a transfer would make more sense than seeking and applying for work then going through basic rate tax problems etc etc etc. they already have me on file so it would be so much easier if they transferred me.
i did manage to get a look at the works database for internal vacancies and Bellshill kept cropping up so i took all the details i could. it seems that Exel themselves dont know what contracts they have as there is no database of them. you would think that someone would know who they are delivering goods for :confused:

Iceland’s i do believe

paul b:
i do know they’ve got the b&q worksop contract and are currently recruiting drivers, if thats any good?

yer mean you want him to move to worksop ,what kind of masochist are you.

I would have thought that a company giving out that sort of information to a driver, could lead itself into trouble.

Some information is to be kept within the company.

Warrior:

paul b:

yer mean you want him to move to worksop ,what kind of masochist are you.

worksops a nice place,

as long as it’s on your right when your doing about 50mph up the A57 :wink:

paul b:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Exel have also got various contracts around the Midlands. Last time I heard, neither the Midlands or Worksop are anywhere near Central Scotland!!!

PS We’ve only got your word Worksop is a nice place! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Exel is in last throw’s of death and about to go full on merger with Deutsche post (DH[zb] Hell )
So expect ■■■■ all out of them as none of the adminstration staff will know there future , database’s everywhere etc etc .
They could not give a flying about YOU just now …

There’s your no nonsense answer …

Much as I can see the sentiment behind it, that had to go. L. :wink:

are all these contracts at a national level or could say, iceland use Exel in one part of the country but wincanton somewhere else? there does seem to be a lot of hiring in one place at the moment up there by Exel so presumably, they have just taken on some new contracts

I think it’s pretty much like tesco, they contract out an RDC to a company rather than the whole lot.

So one depot might be Excel another might be say Wincanton

flying_fenman:
A database does exist because our HR department have pulled stuff off it for our blokes.

I have had cause to use Lotus Notes for email in a previous job with the firm, and I remember that this program had a facility to search for Exel sites by country / region etc. This was a couple of years ago, but still exists as far as I’m aware.

Sounds to me like you’ve been fobbed off mate - I’d have another go!

its a lack of choice really. i called the HR department and they told me to go through my own place. seeing as my place is abysmal with regards to management, i spoke to our union rep/H+S rep/Trainer and he logged me on in his name. i couldnt see anything in current vacancies so i looked at archives which unfortunatly, dont show the area until you select a vacancy :unamused:

just as well my wagon was late back, it gave me plenty of time to search

livingston exel

iceland and bookers in the same building

jon