Exel/dhl bellshill

Heard that they gave everyone their 30 day’s notice today.After that is up they start their 90 day consultation period.Anyone heard anything :question: I was told the only contract making money is the Poundland contract. :open_mouth: :confused:

my matey works there & as you have said, the dreaded letter has issued to them today,& dumfries yard. :open_mouth:

kitkat:
Heard that they gave everyone their 30 day’s notice today.After that is up they start their 90 day consultation period.Anyone heard anything :question: I was told the only contract making money is the Poundland contract. :open_mouth: :confused:

Sorry,I`m a bit thick but 30 days notice of what?

Redundancy?

And what is the 90 day thingy?

I`m not the sharpest tool in the box… :blush: :smiley:

kitkat:

what contract is this ?

i also heard that the DHL drivers at Sainsburys EK are having to re-apply for their jobs .

its getting grim out there :cry:

Not sure whats going on at darnley but David Price Transport has taken that over.

Not sure if its anything to do with this or if they where punting the depot anyway.

Told Agency guys that where there a while he doesn`t use Agency drivers and they are finishing up.

Only did a few shifts in there so don`t know the ins and outs of whats happening.

I can confirm that everyone at the DHL Dumfries yard, (nee John Miller Transport/Securicor Omega Logistics), has been given 30 days notice due to the loss of the Howden Kitchens contract.
DHL Bellshill will be tendering for said contract.

3o days redundancy consultation period after which they will be told if redundant or not

stringy:
3o days redundancy consultation period after which they will be told if redundant or not

Ta! :blush:

I’m gutted about Dumfries, I worked there a few years ago for SOL and it was a great depot, good drivers and a good bunch in the office. DHL must have made a real hash of running it, because in the olden days it was impossible for Dumfries not to make money…

What you are forgetting there plannerman is that any SOL depot that was kept on with the merger all those years ago retained it’s SOL staff so the running has nothing to do with DHL.DHL is a brand name, the company is Deutsche Post.
It’s too big too fast and paying the price now.

I wouldnt worry to much about DHL, I think there still doing alright :cry:

plannerman:
I’m gutted about Dumfries, I worked there a few years ago for SOL and it was a great depot, good drivers and a good bunch in the office. DHL must have made a real hash of running it, because in the olden days it was impossible for Dumfries not to make money…

I agree it was/is a good depot. Hope all the boys and girls get sorted.

kitkat:

i thought you worked there :question: :question: :question:

jessicas dad:

kitkat:

i thought you worked there :question: :question: :question:

No m8 i work at DHL FREIGHT mossend at the Eurocentral.I have since found out that the notice is only for drivers/warehouse staff/managers and a couple of office staff that look after a certain contract.As for which contract it is i don’t know yet,but i will be asking people that work there as and when i see them.

I can confirm that everyone at the DHL Dumfries yard, (nee John Miller Transport/Securicor Omega Logistics), has been given 30 days notice due to the loss of the Howden Kitchens contract.
DHL Bellshill will be tendering for said contract.

Don’t tell me that Dumfries put all eggs in 1 basket :question:

What you are forgetting there plannerman is that any SOL depot that was kept on with the merger all those years ago retained it’s SOL staff so the running has nothing to do with DHL.DHL is a brand name, the company is Deutsche Post.
It’s too big too fast and paying the price now.

Paul, Let’s be honest here m8,the 1 and only reason that Deutsche post wanted a foot into the UK freight market was for 1 purpose only and that’s to get a chance at taking over Royal Mail,yes they are getting good money from the uk,but their aim is to get Royal Mail in their name and that way they will have world dominance in the mail industry.They won’t be bothered if another depot shut’s down,it just means that the work dumfries had/have will simply move to another depot be it carlisle,bellshill etc.They really don’t care.

I dont think DHL will be in the running for Royal Mail.I think its TNT that are doing all the running to get in there.Hopefully for our sakes neither of them get the chance to take a share of it.Both companies at present are taking alot of our collection work then dumping it on us to be sorted and delivered for pittance thanks to senior management setting the price to low for them.but thats another story

Totally agree kit kat. They have been after royal mail for a long time. Thats always been at the top of the agenda.

The company is DHL Exel Supply Chain and it is a company in it’s own right, it is part of the Deutsche Post World Net group owned by Deutsche Post

What you must never forget is that Deutsche Post have no long term commitment to the UK at all.They look on it as just somewhere to invest the excess cash that there postal operations generate. If they could get a better return by putting it in the bank they would shut the lot tomorrow. Don’t think of it as a distribution company, think of it as a finance company. Having said that i do some work for them and get well looked after.

I’m sure they could find an easier way to lose than to invest in British transport companies, Their plan was to be the largest logistics company in the world and they’ve achieved that, last years earnings before EBIT was 2.4 billion euros, you don’t earn that just from delivering mail, the best performers are the logistics companies.
If you want to find out about them try research, this is their site for a start:
dpwn.de/dpwn?tab=1&skin=hi&c … =300000263

Have a closer look. Logistics turned over 1.05 bilion from 4.2 billion and the post 1.9 billion. The profit is the mail and to a lesser degree the express. In the UK it’s just a finance company that happens to run trucks. They make no secret of the fact that there future is mainly as a bank.