Exchanging paper ADR Licence for a Photocard

Hi

I just wondered wether it was possible to exchange the paper version for a card? I’ve recently moved house and my licence and digi card all have my new address on. I’m assuming they don’t send paper licences out anymore when you change address. Will it cause any problems using the paper licence with my old address on?

Dave

dpt2011:
Hi

I just wondered wether it was possible to exchange the paper version for a card? I’ve recently moved house and my licence and digi card all have my new address on. I’m assuming they don’t send paper licences out anymore when you change address. Will it cause any problems using the paper licence with my old address on?

Dave

am sure it’s required to be at your current address

Calling diesel dave …

“…There is no requirement to change address on your current ADR certificate. However those wishing to apply for a new style photo card certificate can do so by completing DGDT Replacement Application Form blah-blah-blah…” SQA Link
If in doubt, give them a bell.

I’ll start by saying that there is NO routine requirement for driver to exchange a paper ADR certificate for an ADR photocard, because all existing paper ADR certificates will remain valid and useable until the stated expiry date.

If a driver wishes to exchange a paper ADR certificate for a new style ADR photcard, there will be a fee (£10■■) and you’d have to get a passport photo done and fill in some forms.
The replacement ADR photocard will still have the same expiry date as your original paper ADR certificate though.

One feature of the new ADR photocard is that the driver’s home address is NOT shown as on the old paper ADR certificate.

DVLA Swansea used to issue the paper ADR certificates, but SQA has now taken that on and provides the complete service of marking the exams AND issuing the certificate (now a photocard.)
The differences in procedures are explained by saying that DVLA have a different database and administrative system to SQA.

Speaking in very general terms, I’d suggest that if a driver needs to do an ADR refresher they will gain a new ADR photocard including any unexpired validity from their current paper ADR certificate for no extra fee. :wink:
To do this, you must present your paper certificate at registration time on your course, but PLEASE make it clear to the instructor that you are a refresher candidate. The instructor will mark your ADR joining form accordingly.

Option #1
If a driver takes my refresher suggestion, they can attend a cut-down version of an ADR course that takes almost 3 days, rather than 5 days, but the info will come at you very fast!!
This will add the unexpired portion of your paper ADR certificate to your new photocard.
You can get either 7 or 14 DCPC hours for this.

Option #2
You could attend a normal (initial) ADR course, in which the info comes at you at a civilised speed, but you’ll still be a ‘refresher’ candidate and still gain the advantage of adding the unexpired portion of your paper ADR certificate to your new photocard.
You can get either 7, 14, 21 or maybe 28 DCPC hours for this.

Whichever choice you make, you will need your driving licence and a passport-sized photograph with you on day #1 of your course, or to fill in the form if you choose to simply want a replacement.