Exchange rates!

Just had to buy some Euro’s, OUCH!!! 1,11 to the £ , I know the days of 1,60 are long gone but 1,11■■

I nearly swallowed me tongue :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ross. :confused:

I’ve seen 99 euro-cents to the £ on SeaFrance before.

You can blame the British government for it as the euro is quite weak at the moment, but by so called “quantitive easing” they have devalued sterling considerably.

Well I for one hope it stays that way, as someone who gets paid euros into a British bank account it’s great!

But for me, the ‘Micky take’ was the buy back rate of 1,23!!

They do like it their own way don’t they??

Ross.

if you want cash use a cashpoint so you get the best rates without commision and no middle man taking a cut :bulb:

You need to earn in euro’s. Bought a carton of Tropicana orange juice yesterday in Marbella, it cost £3. the same thing in the UK is abut £1.50. Look for the Big Mac index, the UK is about 40% cheaper than europe these days.

Ex Haulier:
You need to earn in euro’s. Bought a carton of Tropicana orange juice yesterday in Marbella, it cost £3. the same thing in the UK is abut £1.50. Look for the Big Mac index, the UK is about 40% cheaper than europe these days.

everything in marbella costs double though :open_mouth: price goes up to accomodate the russian mafia wives club when they do the shopping

You want to see how much a russian wife costs in the navy bar these days !.

Ex Haulier:

why, do they charge by the hour? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Come on, you must of been to the navy bar in banus ?. When is kings day ?.

Ex Haulier:
Come on, you must of been to the navy bar in banus ?. When is kings day ?.

Should be on the 6th Jan

Ex Haulier:

The ones who write to me on the internet are pretty ladies and just want to learn English, some have loved me long time :stuck_out_tongue:

Hombre:
You can blame the British government for it as the euro is quite weak at the moment, but by so called “quantitive easing” they have devalued sterling considerably.

Another reason is that The Bank Of England is still paying 0.5% interest, where as the European Banking system is still paying double that at 1%. Money men are therefore buying € instead of £, to get double the interest.
As soon as the interest rate on the £ goes above that of the €, the exchange rate will improve again, quite possibly back up to €1.60 ish, if not better, if the € is still as weak.

So you get a quid interest instead of 50p, with inflation at over 3% it just means your loosing purchasing power a little slower. Anyone sophisticated enough to know the markets would at the very least be in bonds but probably invested in commodities. Sterling is weak because we are having to borrow about 1 pound in every 4 or 5 the government is spending. Having said that the euro is probably the most vulnerable major currency in the world at the moment. If Spain hits the buffers, which it looks like it will watch it come come down.

Looks like at 1.11 you hit the top of the market. The euro really hit the skids later in the week, mainly on worries about Portugal. It’s Spain next, then watch it sink.