EXCERCISE ECG

Just got letter today from DVLA. Saying please make a appointment with hospital. I have to undergo an Exercise ECG.

Does that mean i have to go on the treadmill.?

As anyone else had a Exercise ECG.? what does that involve/ What will i have to do at the hospital.

Is there anything i should/can do to help me keep my licence ( Buy a treadmill ) :cry:

Any Advice welcome.

thanks

Why are they calling you for an ECG? Did you fail a medical, or have you had heart problem? A bit more info would help us to help you at what must be a very worrying time. :wink:

There are several guys on here who’ve been through his, I’m sure one of them will appear soon!

I have had to go through this procedure after my heart attack. The exercise test requirement to get your licence back or to stop it from being taken away, means that you have to do at least nine minutes. Good luck.

Unfortunately they took my licence off me when I had an ICD (Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator)fitted. Personally I cannot see the risk as I know when I am in trouble whereas the driver who has never had a heart attack would not know when he has symptoms that could cause it.

Lucy:
Why are they calling you for an ECG? Did you fail a medical, or have you had heart problem? A bit more info would help us to help you at what must be a very worrying time. :wink:

There are several guys on here who’ve been through his, I’m sure one of them will appear soon!

Hi Lucy.
Had a small heart attack over two years ago. I did not inform dvl nor did my consultant. So now that i want to go back driving i thought i better inform swansea. I had to go into hospital to have 5 stents fitted 18mts ago. so i hope I’m ok now :confused:. i did have to go on a treadmill shortly after my attack but that was for looking how my heart was performing. That test was awful .I found that very hard so i hope the lgv test is a little easier. does anyone know what speed/incline the test starts and end’s at

Colonel:
I have had to go through this procedure after my heart attack. The exercise test requirement to get your licence back or to stop it from being taken away, means that you have to do at least nine minutes. Good luck.

Unfortunately they took my licence off me when I had an ICD (Implanted Cardiac Defibrillator)fitted. Personally I cannot see the risk as I know when I am in trouble whereas the driver who has never had a heart attack would not know when he has symptoms that could cause it.

Thanks for that Colnel.

I’m sorry to hear you lost your licence.I hope things work out for you in the future. Can you remember what incline/speed you had to walk at. I’m led to believe that you cant run on the machine and the speed is well fast. And incline very steep. :astonished:

Hi Gentyman,

I am almost 72 now so not having an HGV licence is no problem. Funny that I had no problem passing a medical in the USA, taking their CDL test and working there driving OTR.

The treadmill, I assume will work like this. It will start off relatively easy, but then after three minutes they will make it harder, then after another three minutes they will make it harder still and if you are still walking then they will make it harder again. I managed 10 minutes and was only told afterwards that I needed to do nine minutes to get my licence returned.

The most important thing is, seeing as you will be wired to an ECG machine they will know immediately if you are struggling and you always have the choice yourself to say enough is enough.

The last time I did this test I only managed four minutes, but I think I could go a bit longer now.

I think that if I had not lost my licence through heart trouble that I would still be in the USA enjoying myself.

I had to do a test last year, not through any DVLA intervention but from my cardiologist who explained he was trying to get me to have a controlled heart attack :unamused: He was investigating a series of events that led him to believe it may be heart trouble.

He put me on the machine and wound it up, my blood pressure went off the clock, the thing was shaking and I had to jump off with an awful pain in my hip. I had a replacement fitted about 8 years ago. I only managed 8 minutes but because I had not had a heart attack or any treatment. DVLA do not have to be informed. My mate had to do 27 minutes on the treadmill to renew his RAC Motorsports licence :blush:

Anyway it appears my ongoing problem is kidney related rather than heart so next week may give me the answers.

@ gentyman &wheelnut , all the best for your examinations
and I do hope the result is okay,

brit pete:
@ gentyman & wheelnut , all the best for your examinations

Ditto

Good luck to both of you :wink:

brit pete:
@ gentyman &wheelnut , all the best for your examinations

Thank you brit pete & tachograph & to you all for the best wishes.

I will keep you all informed of the outcome as soon has i know.

It may help someone else.

Thanks for any support. It seems like I only need a stent to my kidney and the way the doctor explained it, it sounds like having my toenails clipped :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets hope so. Trucknet do not need me and Rog on this forum everyday :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Thanks for any support. It seems like I only need a stent to my kidney and the way the doctor explained it, it sounds like having my toenails clipped :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets hope so. Trucknet do not need me and Rog on this forum everyday :smiley:

Hope everything goes ok mate :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Great News.

Done treadmill excersise test & E.C.G passed them ok. And within two weeks i got letter from DVLA saying.

I CAN KEEP MY LGV ENTITLEMENT :smiley:

Must give them and my consultant credit where it’s due very fast turn around.

Thanks to all who replied to my questions and well wishes.

Just got to get a job now

gentyman:
Just got letter today from DVLA. Saying please make a appointment with hospital. I have to undergo an Exercise ECG.

Does that mean i have to go on the treadmill.?

As anyone else had a Exercise ECG.? what does that involve/ What will i have to do at the hospital.

Is there anything i should/can do to help me keep my licence ( Buy a treadmill ) :cry:

Any Advice welcome.

thanks

Great News.

Done treadmill excersise test & E.C.G passed them ok. And within two weeks i got letter from DVLA saying.

I CAN KEEP MY LGV ENTITLEMENT

Must give them and my consultant credit where it’s due very fast turn around.

Thanks to all who replied to my questions and well wishes.

Just got to get a job now

I did this test but my cardiologist called a stress test.

I passed because I must have been really stressed having only managed 7 minutes and my blood pressure went above 250 (cant remember the other reading) this was when my resting blood pressure was 187 over 130. :open_mouth:

My last reading at the doc’s was 148 over 88, If the lower reading is below 90 next month then I will be put on reductil for weight loss. :confused: