EXAMINERS ON STRIKE NOV 19th & NOV 20th

DVSA ANNOUNCEMENT:

Driving examiners and vehicle examiners are planning to take strike action at various times on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 November 2015.

Some driving examiners who are members of the Public and Commercial Service union are planning to take strike action on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 November 2015.

Candidates are advised to still attend tests.

DVSA is doing all it can to make sure that driving tests go ahead as planned and recommends all candidates come for their test as usual.

If your pupil’s test is cancelled because of strike action, they won’t have to contact DVSA to rebook their appointment. DVSA will contact them with a new test appointment within 5 to 10 working days.

Fortunately, we had a working examiner today.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

my friend had his rigid cancelled today i have my class 1 due at half one tomorrow …where would you stand for being able to claim back time off work for new test and a lesson beforehand just to refresh things in your mind ?

Carbine:
my friend had his rigid cancelled today i have my class 1 due at half one tomorrow …where would you stand for being able to claim back time off work for new test and a lesson beforehand just to refresh things in your mind ?

At the back of a very long queue :smiley:

Carbine:

You can claim out of pocket expenses back. You should be able to get a form from the centre or I think you can claim via the www.gov.uk site.

Oh great , got my class 2 test tomorrow, not what I wanted to read ,
please lord , don’t do this to me

cliffey:

im thinking this however im still naff at reversing the wagon even tho i know the theory behind it i just end up either not putting enough opposite turn on or too much

Patience and mirrors, nice and steady, you’ll be fine[emoji106]

Test cancelled, gutted [emoji35]

cliffey:
Test cancelled, gutted [emoji35]

yup mine got cancelled too
i did three perfect reverses too finally got the reverse in my head and in pratice for C+E and test cancelled was confident of passing too as everything else was spot on

Had two mock tests and passed both , ah well [emoji29]

Carbine:

cliffey:

im thinking this however im still naff at reversing the wagon even tho i know the theory behind it i just end up either not putting enough opposite turn on or too much

Just take it slow and easy does it, When I sat my class 2 I found reverse easy coz I went slow but when I did my class 1 I lost a cone but just slowed down and stopped without taking a shunt just used mirrors to look for bottom of cone and all it was I was not as far back as I thought.