Examiner sent licence for me how long until it's back

Hi all

Just wondering how long before I get my entitlement added to my licence when I log into the dvla website still only says provisional entitlement. I passed on the 8th

Also how long usually before I get my licence back? The examiner took to and said he would send it away for me still waiting meant to be doing my mod 4 this Tuesday but I ain’t doing squat without my licence back

Any info would be appreciated

I sent mine off on Saturday the 3rd, did it myself as I had to keep hold of my licence after the test due to work. And it came back on Monday morning, with the online update Thursday night / Friday morning.

I maybe wrong on this, but can you not do the cpc with the blue pass certificate you were given?

Thanks nfk

I just hope that the dsa send it off the same week at least… Then hopefully I should get it back this week

Not sure if you can train using your pass cert I’d probably so not as I could be anyone holding the pass cert pretending to be me

Your pass certificate would state what category you have passed. Although saying this I done my mod 4 with the certificate, forgot about that, must be to early in the morning.

Double check with a training company beforehand though.

Training company asked if I still had my licence that’s why I’m asking when it’ll be back incase it’s not back in time ;(

If you hand the licence to the examiner it should arrive back to you in 10-12 days. The process is examiner walks into office and puts your old licence in the shredder. At the end of each day the top copies of all the DL25s are put in an envelope and sent by post to DVSA Newcastle. The staff there scan the sheets in and the info is transmitted electronically to DVLA Swansea. The licence is then issued by the end of the following working day.

Because they only use 2nd class post it then takes a few days to arrive.

You will need the licence to take the Mod4. The pass certificate is not acceptable. That’s the main reason we usually put candidates through the Mod 4 before the driving test.

Mine was sent off 26/08 was updated online 13/09

barber90:

Did you recieve your licence before online was updated ?

LGVTrainer:
If you hand the licence to the examiner it should arrive back to you in 10-12 days. The process is examiner walks into office and puts your old licence in the shredder. At the end of each day the top copies of all the DL25s are put in an envelope and sent by post to DVSA Newcastle. The staff there scan the sheets in and the info is transmitted electronically to DVLA Swansea. The licence is then issued by the end of the following working day.

Because they only use 2nd class post it then takes a few days to arrive.

You will need the licence to take the Mod4. The pass certificate is not acceptable. That’s the main reason we usually put candidates through the Mod 4 before the driving test.

Thank you so much I knew some one would know haha

Ergot2005:

barber90:

Did you recieve your licence before online was updated ?

No mate still waiting but should arrive this week. When I passed class 2 I think my licence turned up a couple of days after it was updated online so I know it’s on it’s way.

Mine took 2 weeks (9 working days)