Ex Stobart Scanias

What do you guys think of this deal/sums?

Close call between this or a ex Jack Richards XF105 bought outright.

Just over 11k initial outlay :smiling_imp: For 5k more you could buy outright a good 2nd hand unit also it states based on 5 working days. so if it is double shifted or works 6-7 days then in effect the price lowers. I cant see that somehow. Ok you can claim the vat back but its still a hell of a lump upfront.

the 100tkm annual mileage limit is a big stumbling block for running the truck days and nights one would think :open_mouth:

milodon:
the 100tkm annual mileage limit is a big stumbling block for running the truck days and nights one would think :open_mouth:

Yes, agree, in fact it would probably incur extra charges for many single-shifted trucks, I will have had my truck for two years next week and I’ve done 247,000km in it.

OverPriced IMO , Go for the Daf and get a good warranty or R&M on it.

You can then work it day and night!

and sod any paint job! will look well in Jacks colours

Avoid! EGR 440’s are scrap,injector problems,excessive oil usage etc

Don’t know if it’s any help, but I drive an ex Stobart 420 Hi Line. It’s a 57 reg and our place is leasing from Collease. We have 4 at the minute, I have had this one for nearly a year and not had a single breakdown! Touch wood! It’s done nearly 750,000k and still pulls better at 44t than the much newer 460 Renaults we have and its not a bad motor to be out in all week.