Ex retired

gezt:
we was a closer community no internet just a wish to meet each other and chat after a hard day.

Which is exactly what we do on the Internet on forums like this and other social media. Don’t dismiss it because it’s not face to face. Between here, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter I talk to way more of my fellow drivers than I ever could hope to face to face. Despite what others say camaraderie isn’t dead, far from it.

switchlogic:

gezt:
we was a closer community no internet just a wish to meet each other and chat after a hard day.

Which is exactly what we do on the Internet on forums like this and other social media. Don’t dismiss it because it’s not face to face. Between here, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter I talk to way more of my fellow drivers than I ever could hope to face to face. Despite what others say camaraderie isn’t dead, far from it.

switchlogic:

gezt:

Nah on here i could slag u, threaten u slander u, but in real time you get out of your cab i get out of mine and wooooo we actually speak and ask each other about things. Met many drivers in the 60 70 80s face to face,enjoyed a beer meal etc . Much better than sitting in cab keyboarding. I no longer drive so happy days but still take an interest