Ex pat returning

Bking:

dantheman57:

Bking:
How come your an “expat” and every bugger else is an “immigrant”
You mean things have gone a little sour so you decided to come back “home” after not paying tax for a few years and claim off the state.

my my my, why so volatile BKing, no, things did not go a little sour, I just done what I wanted to do with a part of my life,and that was to travel all over Asia and the Australias, doing something different,and ,having done something with my life,I have absolutely no regrets,not that I owe you an explanation. And no, I haven"t claimed one penny from the state, I actually signed up with an agency, and have been handballing 45 foot containers, coming into a local factory, which has nigh on killed me,but earned me the money I needed to support myself and get all I needed doing done. Having done all the doing, I have been offered many jobs in the process,and at this moment am picking and choosing which one suits what I want to do,and which will support me in my retirement to sunny climes in Europe. I choose to live my life, by what I put into it, and in over 30 years in Transport have never signed on,to claim one penny from my government,although quite entitled to do so. Thank you to the others who gave their time to answer helpfully,it was appreciated. I suggest Mr Bking, you do something with your life,and refrain from being so judgemental on people you have never met,or is your life just living full of regrets about what you haven’t achieved… :unamused:

Not a problem ■■■■ do as you please .Just wondered why every bugger else is an immigrant but you ,no doubt because your a good old stiff upper lipped “brit” was as usual above “jhonny foreigner” and was ,of course, an “ex pat”? Did the “antipodeans” realise they had an ex pat in their midst or where you just another bloody english immigrant?

There is a difference in being an “ex pat” and "johnny foreigner, but for the life of me , if you cannot understand that, or the implications of the wording, then I seem to be wasting my time, replying to your rantings, but I will state that, for nigh on 30 years of working for UK companies, I payed full Tax and National insurance contributions,so any entitlement to what my mother country offers to me, is a right of mine should I wish to claim it,and if you bother to get your finger from your rearpeice,and go live in another country you will find that most countries will only support their own nationals,and quite rightly so. If,“Johnny foreigner” should wish to work here, then that is up to him or her, at least he is working,and paying into our governments system, if he doesn’t want to work here, then he is quite rightly able to return to his own country, and re establish himself,and it shall be deemed easier for him to do so, as he is classed as an “ex pat”…not saying that it is easy, but he does have certain privileges, and why not ? And “stiff upper lip”. I was dragged up on a council estate in Liverpool,so your pompous innuendo fails to please… I should imagine your one brain cell is lonely…

Ok, Thanks for all the positive feedback. I attended my CPC, and in my opinion, it’s a farce, but there you go, I now have the card,although a lot lower in funds for the privilege. That’s my opinion, and I am sticking to it. Now, I am led to believe, by various publications, that there is indeed, a national shortage of suitably qualified pilots, and fully armed, with numerous plastic cards,and numerous years of experience, I have replied to a few companies advertisements. What a bloody shambles, promises of return phone calls,that never happen, and yes, an offer of 90 pound per day,including night out money, by a well known company doing European work. One phone call to a well known agency,resulted in me speaking to a foreign national, who I could hardly understand, so the conversation ended abruptly, as I cannot speak Polish. WTF is going on ? No wonder this profession cannot attract new drivers, and who do we blame ? Well, the blame rests squarely,on our own shoulders, we have let this go on for far to long…for a start off, make the daily rate illegal,it is inherently wrong. Secondly, if a company wishes to recruit, have someone who can be understood clearly !! And last but not least, If agencies can charge the rates they are charging,why the hell is it impossible for companies to improve pay for us so called professionals…the mind boggles. :imp:

Because companies can lay agency off when there’s no work whereas they have to continue to pay permanent staff.

dantheman57:

Bking:
You mean things have gone a little sour so you decided to come back “home” after not paying tax for a few years and claim off the state.

my my my, why so volatile BKing, no, things did not go a little sour, I just done what I wanted to do with a part of my life,and that was to travel all over Asia and the Australias, doing something different,and ,having done something with my life,I have absolutely no regrets,not that I owe you an explanation. And no, I haven"t claimed one penny from the state, I actually signed up with an agency, and have been handballing 45 foot containers, coming into a local factory, which has nigh on killed me,but earned me the money I needed to support myself and get all I needed doing done. Having done all the doing, I have been offered many jobs in the process,and at this moment am picking and choosing which one suits what I want to do,and which will support me in my retirement to sunny climes in Europe. I choose to live my life, by what I put into it, and in over 30 years in Transport have never signed on,to claim one penny from my government,although quite entitled to do so. Thank you to the others who gave their time to answer helpfully,it was appreciated. I suggest Mr Bking, you do something with your life,and refrain from being so judgemental on people you have never met,or is your life just living full of regrets about what you haven’t achieved… :unamused:

Well said this is just what you expect on here! someone has to put the boot in, im sure it would happen to me too! ive been living ,working driving LGV, paying tax ect in Spain. So if i go back (what for) ill be an ex pat immigrant too!!!. Some comments on here are unreal!!!

nab:
If autos are that good in snow try watching "Ice Road Truckers"and seed how many are autos…non are.

back in the real world however, automatics is what are being used. even in worse conditions than the primadonnas on ice experience.

Bking:

This a bit unreal. So if you were born and brought up say in Leeds and then went to live and work in say Wolverhampton for 10 years, that would mean that you were an immigrant when you went back to the city of your birth and upbringing. What a load of ■■■■.

The main difference is that the OP holds a British passport and is on various systems eg HMRC DVLA or whatever it is now.

He has every right to come home, end of.