Ex LGV Examiner / LGV Instructor

I am an Ex LGV Examiner and I am now an instructor, if you want any help or info let me know.

I’ll welcome you to the forum before ROG gets here so… HELLO and WELCOME.

not another one…just kidding lol.

welcome

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome P and G LGV Training :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Always good to have another LGV instructor on board :smiley:
Were you a ‘normal’ :wink: LGV examiner or a ‘designated’ (or is that delegated - can’t remember :blush: ) one :question: :question:

You won’t need the rest of my usual welcome to newbies (below) but I thought you may like to check out the links and give me some feedback on the content…

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pictures

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you for C or C+E ARTIC training.

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… & THIS - I suggest visiting the training school, meeting the head person(s) and have a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools(Click)

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

P and G LGV Training:
I am an Ex LGV Examiner and I am now an instructor, if you want any help or info let me know.

You’ve come over to the other side then :smiley:

Gosh, welcome. :laughing: :smiley: :laughing:

I presume you had had enough of the scary nervous drives we all put you through on test day… :laughing:

Your knowledge will be most welcome here. :smiley:

:laughing: Thanks :laughing:
I have, although I started out as a driving instructor many moons ago :smiley:
I wasn’t a ‘delegated’ I was a ‘normal’ :smiley: the senior at Bredbury LGV Test Centre but I’m now starting my own school in Flintshire :laughing: Can’t bring myself to retire!!!

ROG:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome P and G LGV Training :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Always good to have another LGV instructor on board :smiley:
Were you a ‘normal’ :wink: LGV examiner or a ‘designated’ (or is that delegated - can’t remember :blush: ) one :question: :question:

You won’t need the rest of my usual welcome to newbies (below) but I thought you may like to check out the links and give me some feedback on the content…

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pictures

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you for C or C+E ARTIC training.

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… & THIS - I suggest visiting the training school, meeting the head person(s) and have a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools(Click)

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

Great to have good info for new drivers and drivers who want to upgrade!!

P and G LGV Training:
:lol: Thanks :laughing:
I have, although I started out as a driving instructor many moons ago :smiley:
I wasn’t a ‘delegated’ I was a ‘normal’ :smiley: the senior at Bredbury LGV Test Centre but I’m now starting my own school in Flintshire :laughing: Can’t bring myself to retire!!!

Is Bredbury the one that has just closed down :question:

Flintshire … hmmm… me thinks that is very close to another instructor on here chevmac from chevron training :wink:

Just thinking. what LGV instructors do we have on here… in no particular order…
P and G LGV Training
Tockwith training
Data academy
Chevmac
Mothertrucker
Smart mart
bugcos
Mr 26 years
Peter Smythe
Fallingbostel
I’m sure I’ve missed some…
Oh, some bloke called ROG who did it till May 2008…
any more :question: - I get the feeling that I’ve still missed some out :blush:

Current LGV Examiners…
see if I get this correct … gpc275 :question: :blush:

Delegated LGV Examiners…
Marcustandy

Ex-examiners…
P and G LGV Training

P and G LGV Training:
Great to have good info for new drivers and drivers who want to upgrade!!

Any critisisms or improvements greatly recieved :slight_smile:

Or info on MYTHS about examiners only being ‘allowed’ to pass so many :wink:

I have sent you a PM (Private Message) - top of this page

Thought… an idea…

If you have the time and the inclination, it might be interesting to know what a typical day is for a LGV examiner - what they look for, their thoughts whilst examining, funny or dangerous moments, pressures, if any, from the DSA, that sort of thing… :question: :bulb:

ROG:

Ahem Rog!!!

bugcos:

ROG:

Ahem Rog!!!

Yes, what :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:wink:

Rog,
Don’t forget fallingbostel

fallingbostel:
Rog,
Don’t forget fallingbostel

As if I would…

… how many times has that post been editted… :wink:

Rog,

Bredbury is closing.

There is a lot of myths about examiners but there is a lot of pressure from the DSA and pass rates are closely monitored and between the senior and the supervising examiner there is a minimum of 12 check tests a year so the DSA can keep an eye on standards. I can’t speak for all examiners but I know from my time that you always have to be on the ball, be very professional but at the same time try and understand that it is a very nervous time for a candidate and you can be the key to easing those test day nerves!!

Welcome on board Mr W :smiley:

Hello Mr Chevmac :laughing:

Welcome from Fallingbostel, I think Eddie knows you.

P and G LGV Training:
Rog,

Bredbury is closing.

There is a lot of myths about examiners but there is a lot of pressure from the DSA and pass rates are closely monitored and between the senior and the supervising examiner there is a minimum of 12 check tests a year so the DSA can keep an eye on standards. I can’t speak for all examiners but I know from my time that you always have to be on the ball, be very professional but at the same time try and understand that it is a very nervous time for a candidate and you can be the key to easing those test day nerves!!

There has been a lot said on this forum to the effect that - examiners cannot pass everyone because they have ‘fail’ targets to meet - would you agree that is true or an absolute silly urban myth :question: :question:

Rog,

That is a myth, there is no such thing as fail targets quite the opposite. It was always nice to have a pass It was never nice to tell people that they had failed, a lot of people have a job riding on it. Sometimes it’s frustrating when you can see that the person is a good driver but their nerves get the better of them which is why it’s so important as an examiner to try and put the candidate at ease.