Ex F1 trucks any one own one

hi all just wondering if any of the owner drivers own exF1 trucks ok a lot are left hand drive and tandems mostly for euro running.seen the ex arows team trucks still tunning round on the team colours and also seen a couple ex BAR ones aswell.i know from a past story in trucking international that the cans are never slept in as the drivers always stay in hotels.and that most of the cabs are fuly kiffed out aswell so does any one own one and have u left it in the paint job u got it from from the team of dealer who was selling it on.

One of my old ones was a former F1 team truck - it was originally Eddie Jordan F1 lead truck - a Renault R420 Turboliner 4x2 in pearl white, but it was kept on French plates and never UK registered - 1305T62. It was donated to Jordan,s F1 team just as they began in F1 as part of a psonsorship from VIA TransLocation in France.

I ran it until it was written off on the N138 down near Le Mans when it hit a farm tractor head on.

Ed

Dont bother with Honda F1 Renault Magnums they had loadsa trouble with them…I drove the mobile home 1 from Nurbergring to Barcelona was ok but had seen better days. Most F1 trucks are now on lease just like any other truck firm so no bonus in buying one…in fact its probably been so over cleaned could cause more problems.
As for the trailers…very dedicated to what they do…so if thinkin of buying one …make sure its what you want from it.

there is/was a DAF XF105 4x2 in Adams Morey in Southampton that was on for Honda Racing Team.

a mate of mine drove it a couple of times doing the F1 hospitality work and taking the cars for testing in Spain.

it is right about never being slept in, the drivers always stay in hotels.

from what i saw in passing, it was very clean/tidy, plain white, side skirts, alloys, left hand drive, not enough wheels for me though :cry:

don’t know what it was like inside spec wise, never went to look at it