Ex Distance driver with motorhome

Travelling around old haunts in our motorhome we stopped off at a well known truck stop I’d used loads of times while still in the game and were refused entry as “motorhomes are not allowed, trucks only, due to Transport Rules”.
No argument, we just stopped off at a layby as we’ve everything on board anyway.
Was I being bullshi**ed or is there such a ruling?
We’re happy to pay and stay as it’s really just a secure stop we’re looking for, and I’d have thought truck stops could use the business, and know lots of ex drivers with campers or motorhomes who feel the same.
Our vehicle is a Fiat Ducato factory conversion, exactly the same as the three parcel delivery vans parked just inside the gate of the place!

Where was it?

Don’t think there’s any transport rules but it could be something to do with their planning permission ?

Slightly different, but when I’ve gone to a place without the truck, I’ve told them what I do, and offer to show them my licence with it’s entitlements on. Works every time.

Ken.

Sounds like you encountered what is commonly known as a “jobsworth”

Their loss!

The ■■■■ factor rearing it’s ugly head again

some muppets I had one on the M6 toll road when I was filling In my voucher for the toll to be free for me

would they not just have the signs up to keep the mac o dougalls out and have the area classed as a a knacker free zone?

Name and Shame, :slight_smile: