Ex army advice wanted

hi all
iv just got out the army and I am looking for some advice. I passed my class 1 in 2001 but I have not really drove again since. When I got out the army I made sure I got my full cpc and adr license. What advice would any of you give me to get into driving as its what I really want to do but I lack confidence.
many thanks

Ring your local hgv driving school and book half day refresher course they have doing all the things in day to day driving ie reversing ,town centre, turns at bad junctions , dropping and picking up trailers ect,ect cost about £42 per hour…it will put your mind at rest and boost your confidence ,
I passed me class 1 on 9 th jan 2014 then booked refresher and that set me up when I did driving assessment at interview it was money well spent I got the job…

HI Allseyboy.

Not long out myself. I just landed a job with a local firm (to me). Turns out they have been advertising since November for drivers. I originally went in for a meet and greet as an agency driver, literally within 5 mins I was offered a full time placement. There are plenty of places out there that will respond to ex service guy’s. We do bring a good work ethic to the employer and if you are yourself this will show through.

The advice I was given, is knock on local doors. Present yourself and let them know what you offer. In your post you do not mention what area you are looking in but if you are in the NW give me a pm, I know my boss is looking for guys who are not afraid to work a full day. ( beats helmand hands down)

Really hope you find a drive mate. There is work out there.

Cheers Smudge.

cheers smudge im in the derby area but thanks mate im going to give what you said ago and go out knocking and see what I can get.

smudge837:
HI Allseyboy.

Not long out myself. I just landed a job with a local firm (to me). Turns out they have been advertising since November for drivers. I originally went in for a meet and greet as an agency driver, literally within 5 mins I was offered a full time placement. There are plenty of places out there that will respond to ex service guy’s. We do bring a good work ethic to the employer and if you are yourself this will show through.

The advice I was given, is knock on local doors. Present yourself and let them know what you offer. In your post you do not mention what area you are looking in but if you are in the NW give me a pm, I know my boss is looking for guys who are not afraid to work a full day. ( beats helmand hands down)

Really hope you find a drive mate. There is work out there.

Cheers Smudge.

Cant say much more than that can you … good luck fella ooh just get your head around drivers hours … keep it simple and dont get into all this can I have 2 of this and pay this back when and such it gets complicated as it goes, keep it simple