Evri Hub Barnsley / whats it like?

Been long enough now to not get picked out a line up lol.

and wish I had had this info before I went, so sharing as never found anything for the place as newish.

So EVRI Barnsley, for others thinking of taking a job with them

Three agencies when I went in, and agency only. (believe there are more now looking at adverts on indeed), struggling to get drivers I imagine.
1.Challenge
2.Winner
3.Staffline

One pushes shifts with PM starts, even if advert states otherwise, but only done once induction completed lol, also asking for 4 on 4 off -NO, just 5 days Mon-Fri, and only given a weekend day if full week done prior. (Not all agencies do this so pick wisely)
Agree to a shift pattern, you may get phoned more than once just before to change, maybe in hope it’ll become your new normal :smiley: ( just push back ! )

Basically list is in order of what came across as an order of which drivers where happest with their shifts etc, and their comments having a burger and drink.

CARDS DIPPED at start !
IF you have the 6 months on your licence, ensure you have driving expereince, they dip the card to check, so be honest, what I think they may be looking for is continuity, so you will need drive time on your cards and constant, maybe you just got weekend but every weekend for 6 months, know someone else that also walked in, and walked out once spotted, save yourself that feeling, ■■■■■■ them right off, and its sorta embaressing, but Agency choice again, one just wants numbers going through door !

ASSESMENTS:
Tests the same as NEXT, as litterally same people, to pass is not hard, just case of >>READ<< the questions, alot of the questions you are better removing the answers it cant be, for instance,
WTD/Driving hours, the basics, 15hrs max, max drive 10hrs, min daily brake 9hrs forget how complext the shift pattern looks, remove the answers that are illegal :wink:
Signs, just make sure to remember shapes and what they mean, circle, triangle etc… bridge questions come up, and knowing this gives your answers circle/Triangle, also wording used for the sign, is it correct word, if wrong, not the right choice, some would think it targets those that have english as second language.

Driving assesment, youl’ll tend to just drive a short distance down the M1 and some local roads back or visa versa, rounderbout to their depot off M1 is basic, guy next to me at assesment, mentioned it was a little confusing first time round, but just normal follow the ‘road number’ for the lane you need to be in, gets busy around office ejecting times or it did for me, but take a look on google maps before you go, so no suprises.

Do your checks like you would at NEXT, also trailer height is important as it always is, make a point of it, and checking the cab marker is correct, also remember to check in the trailer, so its not loaded etc, and then BLACK & GOAL, and do your best drive. Reverse drivers side and blind side.

The assesors are fair, and easy to talk to, and will help, the routes are simple, with no major things to be aware of.

THE JOB:
You are micro managed to the point of having to follow routes into depots/RDC’s, which sometimes is a pain, as they only give you sheets that are from depot to the location, however you wont be travelling from the depots direction after your first drop, and not on the A1 but the M1 maybe, but even after asking your still expected to take their route in regardless that it makes no sense :unamused: better to go sit in traffic on known hotspots than navigate round them, or take a more direct route, this is for bridge issues I think, but anoying.

PAPERWORK … triple entry for most information ? not used to it, but might be normal, however your recording every single movement, both time and distance on every start and stop of the truck, time in drop off, and time leaving etc, and in triple, just do one sheet then replicate to the others at end of day, but make sure to get mileage of every movement.

SIGN ON BOARD >> 70% or higher or they fire, this is a notice stating they dont do it yet, unlike other depots, but if you score below this, at some point they will enforce it, so I guess as soon as a good flow of drivers, your not too safe if you drops below 70%, and it sort of makes it easy to get rid of excess maybe.

ALL the rest of the people are great and helpful, transport will help you best they can, same as everyone else. (lots of Barnsley folk, so always friendly in my experince)

KIT: All newish wagons, IVECO so brakes can ■■■■ when loaded lol, and also GAS trucks, but given a list for fill up locations, and a quick run through how to use, just usual.
Trailers all okay,
class two vehicles also, and tail lift.

DROPS, just RDC and depots, nothing major tricky, just following their routes is a pain.
They do doublemans for further locations like motherwell, but you can say you dont want this with some agencies.
Your run arrival times are okay.
If you hit a delay, you have to call.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO STOP AT SERVICES WITHOUT PERMISSION !! <<

and their paperwork its states its **“illegal” :laughing: … and can become a pain to plan breaks, as need to be in a yard, but planning doesnt consider this, transport will say, take it on the bay whilst tipping if live load, but a lot of trailer swops so not always that easy to plan a day that flows, and not all places will let you take breaks on their yard, most but not all, and fitting the brake in at a drop point can increase the day length.

Shift lengths, you’ll get what your given, common in yard “chatting” to a drive just comming off a 13-14hr run, regardless of expectaion.

Work is RDC and Evri depots… nothing challenging on the reverse side of things as know its something considered for new or returning dvrs.

The rules are enforced, and if caught not following proceedure by one of the million cameras everywhere expect that call to have a chat.

:exclamation: Evri are OCRS band “AMBER” not red but not green

Friend still working there, he came from superstore work wanting max hours, so suits him, but also hates the micro managing, and paperwork.

Every driver has a different expereince with an agency and company, so just take this as an overview.

With the Green wagon company going down this week, expect an influx of drivers heading that way, so this might help some – its a totally different animal for different reasons, but similar.

TonkaBoy:
Been long enough now to not get picked out a line up lol.

and wish I had had this info before I went, so sharing as never found anything for the place as newish.

So EVRI Barnsley, for others thinking of taking a job with them

Three agencies when I went in, and agency only. (believe there are more now looking at adverts on indeed), struggling to get drivers I imagine.
1.Challenge
2.Winner
3.Staffline

One pushes shifts with PM starts, even if advert states otherwise, but only done once induction completed lol, also asking for 4 on 4 off -NO, just 5 days Mon-Fri, and only given a weekend day if full week done prior. (Not all agencies do this so pick wisely)
Agree to a shift pattern, you may get phoned more than once just before to change, maybe in hope it’ll become your new normal :smiley: ( just push back ! )

Basically list is in order of what came across as an order of which drivers where happest with their shifts etc, and their comments having a burger and drink.

CARDS DIPPED at start !
IF you have the 6 months on your licence, ensure you have driving expereince, they dip the card to check, so be honest, what I think they may be looking for is continuity, so you will need drive time on your cards and constant, maybe you just got weekend but every weekend for 6 months, know someone else that also walked in, and walked out once spotted, save yourself that feeling, ■■■■■■ them right off, and its sorta embaressing, but Agency choice again, one just wants numbers going through door !

ASSESMENTS:
Tests the same as NEXT, as litterally same people, to pass is not hard, just case of >>READ<< the questions, alot of the questions you are better removing the answers it cant be, for instance,
WTD/Driving hours, the basics, 15hrs max, max drive 10hrs, min daily brake 9hrs forget how complext the shift pattern looks, remove the answers that are illegal :wink:
Signs, just make sure to remember shapes and what they mean, circle, triangle etc… bridge questions come up, and knowing this gives your answers circle/Triangle, also wording used for the sign, is it correct word, if wrong, not the right choice, some would think it targets those that have english as second language.

Driving assesment, youl’ll tend to just drive a short distance down the M1 and some local roads back or visa versa, rounderbout to their depot off M1 is basic, guy next to me at assesment, mentioned it was a little confusing first time round, but just normal follow the ‘road number’ for the lane you need to be in, gets busy around office ejecting times or it did for me, but take a look on google maps before you go, so no suprises.

Do your checks like you would at NEXT, also trailer height is important as it always is, make a point of it, and checking the cab marker is correct, also remember to check in the trailer, so its not loaded etc, and then BLACK & GOAL, and do your best drive. Reverse drivers side and blind side.

The assesors are fair, and easy to talk to, and will help, the routes are simple, with no major things to be aware of.

THE JOB:
You are micro managed to the point of having to follow routes into depots/RDC’s, which sometimes is a pain, as they only give you sheets that are from depot to the location, however you wont be travelling from the depots direction after your first drop, and not on the A1 but the M1 maybe, but even after asking your still expected to take their route in regardless that it makes no sense :unamused: better to go sit in traffic on known hotspots than navigate round them, or take a more direct route, this is for bridge issues I think, but anoying.

PAPERWORK … triple entry for most information ? not used to it, but might be normal, however your recording every single movement, both time and distance on every start and stop of the truck, time in drop off, and time leaving etc, and in triple, just do one sheet then replicate to the others at end of day, but make sure to get mileage of every movement.

SIGN ON BOARD >> 70% or higher or they fire, this is a notice stating they dont do it yet, unlike other depots, but if you score below this, at some point they will enforce it, so I guess as soon as a good flow of drivers, your not too safe if you drops below 70%, and it sort of makes it easy to get rid of excess maybe.

ALL the rest of the people are great and helpful, transport will help you best they can, same as everyone else. (lots of Barnsley folk, so always friendly in my experince)

KIT: All newish wagons, IVECO so brakes can ■■■■ when loaded lol, and also GAS trucks, but given a list for fill up locations, and a quick run through how to use, just usual.
Trailers all okay,
class two vehicles also, and tail lift.

DROPS, just RDC and depots, nothing major tricky, just following their routes is a pain.
They do doublemans for further locations like motherwell, but you can say you dont want this with some agencies.
Your run arrival times are okay.
If you hit a delay, you have to call.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO STOP AT SERVICES WITHOUT PERMISSION !! <<

and their paperwork its states its **“illegal” :laughing: … and can become a pain to plan breaks, as need to be in a yard, but planning doesnt consider this, transport will say, take it on the bay whilst tipping if live load, but a lot of trailer swops so not always that easy to plan a day that flows, and not all places will let you take breaks on their yard, most but not all, and fitting the brake in at a drop point can increase the day length.

Shift lengths, you’ll get what your given, common in yard “chatting” to a drive just comming off a 13-14hr run, regardless of expectaion.

Work is RDC and Evri depots… nothing challenging on the reverse side of things as know its something considered for new or returning dvrs.

The rules are enforced, and if caught not following proceedure by one of the million cameras everywhere expect that call to have a chat.

:exclamation: Evri are OCRS band “AMBER” not red but not green

Friend still working there, he came from superstore work wanting max hours, so suits him, but also hates the micro managing, and paperwork.

Every driver has a different expereince with an agency and company, so just take this as an overview.

With the Green wagon company going down this week, expect an influx of drivers heading that way, so this might help some – its a totally different animal for different reasons, but similar.

Did you ever do drops at the Brooklands depot down south?

Marky-p:

Might also be known as Weybridge.

stu675:

Marky-p:

Might also be known as Weybridge.

Yep. Brooklands in Weybridge.

Hi Tonkaboy I have been working Nights, at Evri out of burtonwood for last 3 years, And I have never been micro managed by Transport, As long as you get to any depot on time they don’t really Care At all,
And I been everywhere, Dundee Plymouth maidstone Gatwick Southampton Etc.
Too Many Agencies over here now,
Challenge
Winner
Best connection
H&G
And some small number of drivers from other agencies like Elite Recruitment etc,
And they also got subbies like Arra, Mark Thompson etc,
So the work is very very low and too much competition,