Evil Diesel

No, not Vin Diesel (although he should have stopped making them films years ago!)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … LY-UK.html

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there an incentive a few years ago to get people to switch to diesel cars?

Oh, this ban/charge also applies to commercial vehicles too. Lorries are gonna be buggered, but not sure how that’s going to affect the public transport system.

there’s a bit of a problem with this ‘all electric cars by whatever date’ job. take a look at the new ‘affordable’ housing developments and older terraced houses like I live in . a lot of these new housing developments have allocated parking spaces which are nowhere near the house the car belongs to, so where on earth do they envisage planting charging points, and as for terraced houses with on street parking , h+s and local councils would have a fit over cables trailing across paths.

electric cars are fine for people with the means for drives and or garages, but for a large percentage ( like me) its just a complete non starter, 92 mile daily round trip commute and nowhere to charge a wretched leccy car.

government really needs a reality check on where people actually live in the real world, and the infrastructure they have to endure .

tony

Oh dear does this mean i’ll never have to drive in a city again, unless in a company vehicle being well rewarded.

This is terrible :cry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Diesel is an obsolete dirty fuel that much is ok and is easily fixable by moving to petrol and LPG.

How does that then jump to hitting all types of internal combustion engines and inevitably going for the worst of all worlds dangerous and expensive nuclear fuelled electric.

Captain Caveman 76:
Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there an incentive a few years ago to get people to switch to diesel cars?

As I remember it it was/is more often a case of penny pinching drivers doing 10,000 miles per year or less going for more expensive diesel cars to supposedly save themselves a few bob in fuel costs.Then losing more than they’ve ever saved in depreciation and maintenance costs.Which goes back at least 20 years.

Having said that it’s obvious that the government’s agenda is more along the lines of using its Conservative mandate to impose Green Party policy by the back door and nothing to do with just selectively changing attitudes to diesel fuelled vehicles.

Quite interesting they mentioned Kingston upon Hull as having one of the highest levels of pollution because it also has one of the greatest percentages of people who commute to work on bicycle. The reason Hull city centre is so bad is because the main road from the docks and industrial estates to the M62 has two sets of traffic lights on it that grind the place to a halt for four hours a day. When they eventually do the Castle Street upgrade then the pollution levels will drop but whilst you’ve hundreds of cars and lorries sat on a dual carriageway in the city centre barely moving because of a single set of traffic lights then it’ll continue.

It would be quite funny to see them try and implement charging in Hull city centre. Can’t see port traffic being too happy about being stung.

Nothing more than a money grab.

Carryfast:
Diesel is an obsolete dirty fuel that much is ok and is easily fixable by moving to petrol and LPG./quote]

I tried to fill my car up with LPG and petrol, the gas leaked and my public killing Passat just plain refused to run on petrol … so maybe not so easily fixable :open_mouth:

raymundo:

Carryfast:
Diesel is an obsolete dirty fuel that much is ok and is easily fixable by moving to petrol and LPG./quote]

I tried to fill my car up with LPG and petrol, the gas leaked and my public killing Passat just plain refused to run on petrol … so maybe not so easily fixable :open_mouth:

:confused:

Is that saying that it’s an LPG converted Passat with a dodgy LPG system and which won’t run properly on petrol either ?.

Or is it just saying that we need to be bothered about diesel car users having made the wrong choice and being lumbered with worthless cars which attract punitive taxation to use ?.In addition to all the other expensive aggro involved in maintaining the things.

That’s even assuming the government was actually just intent on reducing diesel use ( doubtful ).As opposed to the control freaks hitting anyone driving anything anywhere.Probably also including smart metering and with it rationing and massive taxation of electricity for vehicle use if that takes off.Whatever the government’s plans the penny pinching and flawed economics of diesel users are only providing the scammers running the government with more of an excuse to do it sooner rather than later.

How are we going to get goods and people into the cities .Nearly all of the trains ,buses and lorries are diesel powered.The modern diesel engine is the most efficient way that we have of getting the job done.

They are going to ban HGV’s from Birmingham? I like to see them try. Birmingham would be shunt down in a day.

alamcculloch:
How are we going to get goods and people into the cities .Nearly all of the trains ,buses and lorries are diesel powered.The modern diesel engine is the most efficient way that we have of getting the job done.

To be fair the issue isn’t how efficient it is it’s more a case of how clean it is.Even at current fuel costs LPG is arguably at least as efficient in terms of cost as diesel but unarguably cleaner.With diesel needing loads of expensive to buy and maintain emissions control equipment in addition to the high cost of the fuel.While if the government intends to hit diesel fuelled vehicles even more the choice is a no brainer.

You couldn’t make this lunacy up.

Just as those who voted for unlimited immigration are reaping what they sowed, the same brainwashed voters have put another batch of cloned power crazed nutters in positions they should never be allowed near, more reaping of what was sown is on the way.

The electorate won’t learn from any of it they never do, keep voting for yet another identikit set of fools and each time expect a different result, is there a more sure definition of insanity.
Everyone else, especially Sir Nigel Farage and the Brexiteers, even Trump, will somehow be to blame when this the latest farce goes ■■■■ up, and in another ten years those voters who cannot see further than their greedy noses and lack the wit to think for themselves will be reaping the results of the next bunch of self enrichers they’ve elected to do their worse, and on it goes, ad infinitum, ever deeper into the realms of the absurd.

Carryfast:

raymundo:

Carryfast:

:confused:

Is that saying that it’s an LPG converted Passat with a dodgy LPG system and which won’t run properly on petrol either ?.

Not a conversion but a pure bred diesel heap o crap, not a patch on me diesel BMW’s I liked, and my post was a ■■■■ take :slight_smile:

Oh God, CF IS off again about LPG…

FFS pal, it’s never EVER going to happen. So stop playing that 78 record of yours, we’ve since moved on to 8 tracks! Lol

Evil8Beezle:

FFS pal, it’s never EVER going to happen. So stop playing that 78 record of yours, we’ve since moved on to 8 tracks! Lol

To be fair the difference between putting some spark plugs in a conventional diesel engine and then no more need for ad blue or DPF’s etc etc,running on fuel costing around 50-60p per litre,v hauling tonnes of batteries around and bearing in mind the cost of electricity at ‘current’,let alone more nuclear generated,price per kwh + relevant road fuel tax,sounds like chrome dioxide cassette or even CD v 78 record to me. :smiley:

Or keep the compression ignition and pay for all the emissions crap on the truck and more than £1 per litre for the fuel + the inevitable punitive tax for the privilege,or get taken off the road ( 8 track or Betamax ).Not to mention doing all that in the case of a private car running around 10,000 miles per year. :open_mouth: :wink:

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:

To be fair the difference between putting some spark plugs in a conventional diesel engine and then no more need for ad blue or DPF’s etc etc,running on fuel costing around 50-60p per litre,v hauling tonnes of batteries around and bearing in mind the cost of electricity at ‘current’,let alone more nuclear generated,price per kwh + relevant road fuel tax,sounds like chrome dioxide cassette or even CD v 78 record to me. :smiley:

Or keep the compression ignition and pay for all the emissions crap on the truck and more than £1 per litre for the fuel + the inevitable punitive tax for the privilege,or get taken off the road ( 8 track or Betamax ).Not to mention doing all that in the case of a private car running around 10,000 miles per year. :open_mouth: :wink:

In a nutshell: LPG good, diesel bad.

But as every petrol car I’ve owned has cost much more in maintinece and fuel no thanks ill stick with my diesel

Looking at the performance and economy figures of some of the new petrol engines like fords ecoboost and the vw/audi tfsi engines the diesel car engine seems pretty obsolete.

so a large percentage of drivers will not be going shopping into these cities, they will go elsewhere or shop online even more… kill the high street why don’t you ■■?..