Every weekend working

Hi I only got my class 1 in January and driving for a month. Before I was a dustmen driving out of scope. I’m real level headed for driving rules. Have my own tacho card reader and program to monitor my hours. However I’m confused. I want to work every saturday as I need the cash. Can I get a away with a reduced weekly rest every weekend and compensate for it during the week. I don’t understand the whole compensate thing. Sorry I need the money and trying to find ways round it. I don’t need use the tacho as I’ll be doing some jcb work on Saturday after an hour or 2 behind the artic. But I don’t wanna play with the law. Can someone explain to me about what compensate means and would it be possible for me to work 7 to 3 every saturday and start work on Monday at 7 am? And claim back the hours during the week.

Working hours are
9am to 6ish Monday to Friday
Saturday 7am to 3 every other at present on a reduced weekly rest
Saturday 7am to 12 on a 45 weekly rest for start at 9am Monday morning.

Ideally I need to be working to 3 both Saturday. I dont ever exceed more than 5 hours driving. The runs are short. So my driving hours not the problem. Its the weekly rests that are.Help!

• 6 hour work

Many thanks

stringer97:
Hi I only got my class 1 in January and driving for a month. Before I was a dustmen driving out of scope. I’m real level headed for driving rules. Have my own tacho card reader and program to monitor my hours. However I’m confused. I want to work every saturday as I need the cash. Can I get a away with a reduced weekly rest every weekend and compensate for it during the week.

No, compensating for a reduced weekly rest does not turn into a regular weekly rest

stringer97:
I don’t understand the whole compensate thing. Sorry I need the money and trying to find ways round it. I don’t need use the tacho as I’ll be doing some jcb work on Saturday after an hour or 2 behind the artic. But I don’t wanna play with the law. Can someone explain to me about what compensate means and would it be possible for me to work 7 to 3 every saturday and start work on Monday at 7 am? And claim back the hours during the week

No, because 3 pm Saturday to 7 am Monday is only 40 hours and is a reduced rest, you need a minimum of one full weekly rest every two weeks.

You can only work six days per week every alternate week.Thats my understanding anyway,I find it a pain as some days I only get three hours work and then have to refuse work at the weekend to comply with the weekly rest regs.

alamcculloch:
You can only work six days per week every alternate week.Thats my understanding anyway,I find it a pain as some days I only get three hours work and then have to refuse work at the weekend to comply with the weekly rest regs.

There’s a small window 6 hours I can work on Saturday and still get 45 weekly rest to start monday at 9… This is legal and my tachomaster also confirms this but the company I work for needs me for longer. I will be in a jcb for majority of Saturdays no tacho machine. but I don’t want to put the company Under jeopardy plus I feel guilty about doing it as I know I should declare my hours manually every Monday morning. :frowning: life is hard when you obey the rules.

alamcculloch:
You can only work six days per week every alternate week.

It’s perfectly legally possible to work seven days a week, every single week.

Work all week, finish 0100 Saturday, 45 hours off, start 2200 Sunday.

alamcculloch:
You can only work six days per week every alternate week.Thats my understanding anyway.

Not true, the regulations do not limit the number of says you can work on… It’s perfectly possible to work six days every week as long as you comply with the weekly rest requirements.

Last place I worked there was a driver doing six says every single week but as he was finishing between 12:00 and 14:00 on the Saturday and not starting work until mid-day on each Monday he never even had a reduced weekly rest.

It’s not about the number of days, as Harry Monk says its actually legally possible to work on seven days each week provided you get a minimum of a regular weekly rest in every two week period.

Coffeeholic:

alamcculloch:
You can only work six days per week every alternate week.Thats my understanding anyway.

Not true, the regulations do not limit the number of says you can work on… It’s perfectly possible to work six days every week as long as you comply with the weekly rest requirements.

Last place I worked there was a driver doing six says every single week but as he was finishing between 12:00 and 14:00 on the Saturday and not starting work until mid-day on each Monday he never even had a reduced weekly rest.

It’s not about the number of days, as Harry Monk says its actually legally possible to work on seven days each week provided you get a minimum of a regular weekly rest in every two week period.

Hahaha…been on the sauce? :laughing:

Chuck Norris can work 8 days a week and never get an infringement.

if you work Monday to fri 0900 and Saturday 0700-1500 you need just 3 hours compensatioin .this three you can put between shift in daily rest.

Can we agree that the O.P. has to have 45hours off every fortnight.The name of the day doesnt really come into the equasion.If he really needsto do more hours perhaps he could something else after an ordinary work day .

Andrejs:
if you work Moday toform 0900 and Saturday 0700-1500 you need just 3 hours compensatoin .this three you can put between shift in daily rest.

You can’t do that every week, you wouldn’t have a full weekly rest if you did.

Coffeeholic:

Andrejs:
if you work Moday toform 0900 and Saturday 0700-1500 you need just 3 hours compensatoin .this three you can put between shift in daily rest.

You can’t do that every week, you wouldn’t have a full weekly rest if you did.

yes need 45 hours but don t need worry about this 3 hours compensation

i work some time six shift every week and full legaly. :smiley: :smiley:

Andrejs:
i work some time six shift every week and full legaly. :smiley: :smiley:

Of course it is, there is no limit on the number of shifts you can do in a week, you could do 7, 8 or more in a week as long as the 144 hours between weekly rest periods isn’t exceeded.

Document: V.O.S.A Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs. (revised 2011 GV 262 -03)
A regular weekly rest of at least 45 hours, or a reduced weekly rest of at least 24 hours, must be started no later than the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest. In any two consecutive weeks a driver must have
at least two weekly rests – one of which must be at least 45 hours long. A weekly
rest that falls across two weeks may be counted in either week but not in both.
Any reductions must be compensated in one block by an equivalent rest added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week following the week in question.

Woolly_head:
Document: V.O.S.A Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs. (revised 2011 GV 262 -03)
A regular weekly rest of at least 45 hours, or a reduced weekly rest of at least 24 hours, must be started no later than the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest. In any two consecutive weeks a driver must have
at least two weekly rests – one of which must be at least 45 hours long. A weekly
Any reductions must be compensated in one block by an equivalent rest added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week following the week in question.

Many take that to mean 6 days or 6 shifts but it means 144 hours

Woolly_head:

That’s exactly what we are saying in this thread. No limitation on the number of calendar days you can work on and no limit to the number of shifts you can do as long as you don’t go more than 144 hours between the end of one weekly rest and the start of the next.