EverGiven finally arrives in UK 4 months late

Its arrival in the UK is four months late after it was held by authorities in charge of the canal for more than three months amid a financial dispute over compensation.

Keep the container drivers busy for a bit

edd1974:

Dunno about that, it didn’t look very full when it arrived, the owners must of sold most of the load to pay the fine.

or could it be we arent buying as much chinese crap…?

m.a.n rules:

Some importer on the TV news today said that a container from China which cost £2,400 to ship last year is now £15,000 so it would seem the market is firm to say the least.

I supplier I use for gym equipment recently stated that he`s paying around £17k for a 45ft can to be shipped to him

Harry Monk:

m.a.n rules:

Some importer on the TV news today said that a container from China which cost £2,400 to ship last year is now £15,000 so it would seem the market is firm to say the least.

Thats getting near to it being cheaper by road.

weeto:

edd1974:

Dunno about that, it didn’t look very full when it arrived, the owners must of sold most of the load to pay the fine.

First stop was Rotterdam, where most of the 18,000 or so containers were offloaded. Then Felixstowe where a couple of thousand are to be offloaded then on to Hamburg where the remainder will be tipped.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

weeto:

edd1974:

It’s going for inspection after offloading so no point in loading up with new cargo

i wanna see this one suffolkgazette.com/business … iner-ship/

corij:
i wanna see this one suffolkgazette.com/business … iner-ship/

Not April the 1st is it?
I can’t say I fully believe this article.
And looks overweight and insecure anyway

edd1974:
Not April the 1st is it?
I can’t say I fully believe this article.
And looks overweight and insecure anyway

Oh dear, please google the word gullible.

There’s no toilet and shower facilities on that .

Tarmaceater:
There’s no toilet and shower facilities on that .

Toilet - over the side.
Shower - over the side.

Better facilities than most MSAs.