Event work ?

I can’t find the post now but a few months back one of you was asking how to get into event work ?
A very good friend of mine from the event company I drove for when I lived back there is now looking for good drivers and workers based around the Oxford / Bicester area, you don’t have to hold an HGV licence but it obviously helps.
PM me if you are interested.

I’m guessing he’s looking more for a worker than a driver then :wink:

cheap labourer :question:

I do it…I do hardly any manual work. That’s what crew are for…FACT! :sunglasses:

green456:
cheap labourer :question:

Not so, I earned more money on that job in a year than I did working full time at Tesco and the job was really great fun, it’s hard work setting a show up but then you get paid for basically relaxing for a few days. Gave me a sense of pride and if I were single and back in the UK I would be on the job again.

When I was between jobs I did some rigging (what a learning curve) for an event company, it was go go go but a buzz, the drivers where ermmmmm slightly more chilled :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pat I work in that line of business and would jump ship if the conditions were right
But I presume its a labourer they want not really a driver ?
I do Europe at the moment on events but only as a driver although do help out with setting up etc but its very minimal.
PM me with details if you don’t mind

A lot of what I do is hanging around at or very near the venue. I rarely have to load or unload. You need to have plenty to do whilst the events are in place, because days can be very long indeed.

Pat Hasler:
PM me if you are interested.

nedflanders:
PM me with details if you don’t mind

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Now who’s going to back down first :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Ned did PM me actually, when I worked there under the old company I was a driver / events operative, it involved setting up whatever hospitality trailer I was pulling, if there was any heavy work we used agency workers from what ever town we were in, or a group of us would work together. I didn’t regard it as ‘Cheap labour’ it gave me a sense of satisfaction once it was set up and running and got me a lot of praise from customers and a lot of perks, even cars for the duration of the shows, free of charge with full tanks.