eurowork

How hard is it to get in to euro work?

I know I don’t have my class 1 or 2 yet but its something I would like to do… :slight_smile:

Dan

It’s more of a 3 - 5 year experience job. It’s not your normal trucking there is a LOT more responsibility.

Your in a totally different country with a truck that is YOUR responsibility.

Illegals, breakdowns and bad weather are all things you need to know how to handle on your own.

Oh right thanks for the reply hopefully in the near future :smiley:

got some holiday, look for a local company on european, see if you can get to know a driver and cadge a trip with him. it will only cost a few meals and drinks, you will see it all for yourself. i loved it from the first trip my mate phil took me on back in the 80s. still love it now.

I got my current job after 4 years driving a sprinter doing uk and the occasional euro job, I knew about ferries and tolls and had picked up a lot of usefull stuff of this site, i managed to sound confident and relaxed as though it was no big deal, I think it helped that I could ship out the next day. I’ll never forget my first time trying to work the maut machine, again someone on here put me right. I’m sat in services just north of orange in the south of France heading for nimes as I write this so don’t give up hope as you could get lucky, I would add that the lads on the uk work usually earn more than me at our place, I must be mad lol.