eurovigenette

hi just quick note we paid a company through internet called AGES to handle our viginette on trip through only to be stopped in Germany and fined because it was not recognised when we called AGES were told they don’t handle Germany even though their site shows Germany be warned

I think Germany stopped using the Eurovignet years ago…

Not being funny, but you should have done your homework before you started your trip…

I use AGES evrey week,no Problem,book it over Internet in the truck, then store the PDF file in Laptop as proof of purchase.

They couldnt of fined you for not having one in Germany because you dont Need a Vignette, if you were find in Germany for road tolls then you have not paid any “Maut” which can only be booked at “Toll Collect”

Geoff

I think you might have been confused by their website, when you roll the pointer over “German HGV Tolls” it shows the list of option for both Eurovignette and Maut, including online booking. but this is only for the Eurovignette countries and it does say when you select the option which countries are included.

The option it give for maut are terminal locations, registration, tariffs. You can book maut online but you need to be registered with toll collect first.

Why did you pay a company to do your euro vignette for you? It only takes 2 minutes to do it yourself online

whelmic:
Why did you pay a company to do your euro vignette for you? It only takes 2 minutes to do it yourself online

He didnt, AGES is a German Company in Dusseldorf, who runs the Vignette System for the Goverment
Geoff