Eurotunnel

Cant believe they are having problems again, arrived at 1230 & all the lanes are full…doh…another early finish…not

truckertang:
Cant believe they are having problems again, arrived at 1230 & all the lanes are full…doh…another early finish…not

School holidays maybe.

Just spoken to a brit and a train was cancelled for some reason, he got here at 1130…just the 3hr wait as hes just moved…lokeren it is now then…

Got there about 10am got on train at 12:45, it then crept out of the terminal and stopped before we got to the tunnel. The Chef du train said there was a problem in the tunnel, but that was all the info we got. He said the original problems were caused by part of the system getting struck by lightning. But to be honest pretty appalled by the lack of info, I know it won’t get you there any quicker but just be nice to know why.

I’ve never used the train but often hear of these long waits to get on, if this is the case why not use the ferry as it would appear to be more reliable and quicker?

Saaamon:
I’ve never used the train but often hear of these long waits to get on, if this is the case why not use the ferry as it would appear to be more reliable and quicker?

The ferries are just as likely a to have problems, due to either bad weather or industrial action. And when it works properly the tunnel is far quicker.

muckles:

Saaamon:

The ferries are just as likely a to have problems, due to either bad weather or industrial action. And when it works properly the tunnel is far quicker.

Which is all well and good if it was capable of giving a decent service,running at full capacity.
Why do they seem to have"technical problems" when it gets a tadge busy ?

Well on weds after our agent saying there were long delays still on the train i decided to avoid Calais altogether and return via Dunkerqueski, :slight_smile: I arrived at Dunkerqueski 1515 and got off in Dover at 1930…so instead of getting within 30mins of Park Royal ready for thurs I was stuck in Ashfordski and had to have only 9 off so i could avoid the worst of the traffic thru the m25 roadworks. ;-(

Suedehead:

muckles:

Saaamon:

Which is all well and good if it was capable of giving a decent service,running at full capacity.

Probably because like most of the infrastructure in the UK it’s creaking at the seems due to years of under investment and political meddling.

muckles:

Suedehead:

muckles:

Saaamon:

Probably because like most of the infrastructure in the UK it’s creaking at the seems due to years of under investment and political meddling.

But its run and administered by a French company, so nothing to do with us.

I always use the Eurotunnel status phoneline
the number is 0844 463 0000,rang it yesterday as I was pushed for time approaching Calais and it was saying that there where 2-2,1/2 hr delays so I went P&O and made it home,result!