Eurotunnel ...

I was on the train sun night and there was only 2 off us on it as the other lorries were stuck on the slopes in the snow.

Smelly bus and tiny bog if something’s brewing in me.

glen958:
Its never customs that are the problem at the tunnel its passport control, queue will be back past the barriers and yet they will still only have one booth open.

passport control is uk customs

What’s the queue like on a Sunday afternoon/early evening like?
I’ll be heading out that way next Sunday, after a suitable period of recovery from the shenanigans of the TruckNet UK Charity Bash next Saturday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Simon:
What’s the queue like on a Sunday afternoon/early evening like?
I’ll be heading out that way next Sunday, after a suitable period of recovery from the shenanigans of the TruckNet UK Charity Bash next Saturday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sunday’s going out are normally good. Lots of trucks coming in so they throw lots of trains through even though their is not much leaving the uk. The earlier you can get there the better.

turnip:
Sunday’s going out are normally good. Lots of trucks coming in so they throw lots of trains through even though their is not much leaving the uk. The earlier you can get there the better.

Thanks for that. You’ve put my mind to rest :slight_smile:

If your heading home today then be warned its ■■■■■■!! Queuing on the motorway and it’s taking just under two hours to get from CO2 checks in to a lane. When you get to a lane they empty!!

In no particular order,
1, the bloody French side,why do you always seem to queue when there’s no bugger there?
2,stinky Eastern Europeans who seem to think water and deodorant will kill them!
3,why is the thick driver,sometimes euro,sometimes uk who’s standing on the steps of the bus,the one who’s truck is the last one the bus gets too so he blocks the exit up for everyone who then has to push past him!,move along the bloody thing,it stops at every truck!!!
GGRRRRR!!!

jase:
In no particular order,
1, the bloody French side,why do you always seem to queue when there’s no bugger there?
2,stinky Eastern Europeans who seem to think water and deodorant will kill them!
3,why is the thick driver,sometimes euro,sometimes uk who’s standing on the steps of the bus,the one who’s truck is the last one the bus gets too so he blocks the exit up for everyone who then has to push past him!,move along the bloody thing,it stops at every truck!!!
GGRRRRR!!!

The thing is Jase they drive like that as well … I find them Germans the worst … after all i think there countries motto "ME FIRST!!! “”

1 of our drivers pulled up at Folkestone on Monday & after a 2hour wait in the lanes he was finally thru to the train…the reason was he had to wait for 1 of the old carriages as he had a curtainsider…what a bloody shambles eurotunnel is…

Booked in when??:
If your heading home today then be warned its [zb]!! Queuing on the motorway and it’s taking just under two hours to get from CO2 checks in to a lane. When you get to a lane they empty!!

But then they say there are delays “due to technical problems” . . my ring piece.

jimboy124:
And why do the great unwashed all want to stand by the door on the bus?

When i am last on the bus and struggle to get on i just stand there … I was with a bloke the other week who sat with the driver up front because he couldnt get on ! The chocker just pushed his way into the smell barstewards ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I bundle on and sit down as it seems some of the people havent learnt what the seats are for .

Eurotunnel UK side - huge queue back to M20 all day also in Dover there are busy queue back to A20 as Ferry are in busy serivces!

Today afternoon On M20 there had been Operation stack for while

1a.jpg

I’ve been sat just by Jnc 9 on the M20 for 5 hrs now so looks like I’ll be here for the night. One of our drivers was at Eurotunnel (UK side)for 22 hours earlier before it stopped running.

I know this is a Eurotunnel thread but a word of warning to those coming in to Dover on the boat. The A20 out of Dover is closed because it looks like between 4 and 6 artics have run up each others arses just over the top of the first hill. Eclipse recovery are there scratching there heads trying to work out how the hell they going to deal with it. All the trucks are destroyed and their loads are all over the road.Oh and it’s snowing like a good’n.

Booked in when??:
I know this is a Eurotunnel thread but a word of warning to those coming in to Dover on the boat. The A20 out of Dover is closed because it looks like between 4 and 6 artics have run up each others arses just over the top of the first hill. Eclipse recovery are there scratching there heads trying to work out how the hell they going to deal with it. All the trucks are destroyed and their loads are all over the road.Oh and it’s snowing like a good’n.

I know it shouldn’t but that made me laugh.
Judging by the times of your posts you’ve had a pretty long wait.

M20 after J8 Operation Stack start now & Eurotunnel UK Side are still in long queue!

3a.jpg

3.jpg

turnip:

Booked in when??:

I know it shouldn’t but that made me laugh.
Judging by the times of your posts you’ve had a pretty long wait.

I pulled up in the queue at Jnc 8 at 1330hrs.
Pulled up again at Jnc 9 at 1500hrs.
Got woke up by the coppers at 0100hrs.
Got on boat at Dover at 0420hrs.

I thought I find quite well ha ha :slight_smile:

BEen parked here near Alencon since 0500, along with a few 00 others,whys gritters not running last night?

I’m heading north. Missed am boat.

I’ve been sat in operation stack since 6:30 this morning between 8-9 and I’ve moved about a mile from jnt 8 since I got here.