Eurotunnel Security, French side

What is this black stick with the white pad on the end that the Douanes keep wiping all over my door panels and steering wheel all about?

i believe it’s for detecting explosives or explosive powder on the handles and steering wheel in your cab…could also be for detecting residues of drugs…they take it in the hut and stick it in an analyzer apparently :frowning:

RIPPER:
i believe it’s for detecting explosives or explosive powder on the handles and steering wheel in your cab…could also be for detecting residues of drugs…they take it in the hut and stick it in an analyzer apparently :frowning:

This^

and i thought he was wipping my ciggy ash away for me before the smoking police see it @ 5am this morning

RIPPER:

More like "heez Inglisssh. letz ■■■■ em off et put him le scanner(squse le french)
Taliban bimble through unchallenged.

Blimey, I just found this.

dtecinternational.com/drug-t … ontrol.php

Apparently it can even tell if the steering wheel has been touched by somebody who has has had any contact with drugs, down to a billionth of a gram.

I once read that a huge percentage of banknotes had traces of cocaine on them, so would they be alerted if you had been handed one of these in your change?

I asked them what it was for the last time they did it and he told me it was for explosives,once when I went to Perpignan,was told to go into spain for fuel so thats what i did.
On coming back via the train they couldn’t care less what was in the trl,but went through the cab with a fine toothcomb,asking why i went into spain and out again,asking if i smoke the herb!! :laughing: :laughing:

Had the dogs in the cab and even took the casing off the battery box between the drive axles :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Blimey, I just found this.

dtecinternational.com/drug-t … ontrol.php

Apparently it can even tell if the steering wheel has been touched by somebody who has has had any contact with drugs, down to a billionth of a gram.

I once read that a huge percentage of banknotes had traces of cocaine on them, so would they be alerted if you had been handed one of these in your change?

I was pulled by customs at Immingham after coming of the night boat from hook of Holland with a full load of coffee. They unloaded some of the load to inspect it as apparently the sniffer dogs can’t detect drugs through the aroma of coffee and part of the check was to do the wipe test in the cab. big problem it came back positive and they wanted to know if i was a social user i said no way but they didn’t want to believe me so into the office for interrogation while they pulled the truck and its load apart. long story short i am a type two diabetic and had taken my tablets in the cab that morning just before the tug and the residue of my tablets was transferred to the steering wheel from my hands and was enough to set the alarm bells ringing. Every thing got sorted in the end but cost me a few hours on the wrong side of the law.