European work

Hi All
Can anybody give me info on any firms that do Euro work that might be wanting experianced driver.Had 20 years doing Euro work am doing Uk at the moment and am getting fed up with now
Live in the notts area, but willing to travel for the right company any info is much obliged

well, seeing all the adverts around… there are definitely more drivers around seeking continental work than there are companies looking for such drivers. as far as talking about british companies…
there’s a lot of continental work going on on the continent itself. so if it is really the work you are after, you’ll probably have better chances looking abroad. even eastern european companies offer decent wages these days, especially to drivers that can get by with a “western language”. there’s of course price to pay: four weeks on the road, tramping across europe, one week off.
sure if you ahve a family, this lifestyle is off the table. but if trucking is your life… then chances are you can live it.

there’s not a lot of stuff exported from this country anymore: check a return load database, there’re typically 2-3 empty trucks per single one load.
removals aer somewhat quiet these days due to weak pound but i believe it will lfit off again soon, despite the eur/gbp ratios, simply because uk more and more people can not afford living in this country.
there is also some “courier” work, daily groupages between big uk cities (london, birmingham) and germany, belgium etc with 7.5 or 12tonners. but this trade is firmly in hands of germans, dutch and others.

anyway, good luck

Why not try & call some of the British companies whose lorries you’ve seen on the road while on your travels, that way you’ll know that they go over the water :bulb:

been told this morning harveys have at least one vacancy

Hi alot of the dutch firms are employing english drivers, try HSF Logistics they seem to be looking. The work is long hours and it does not suit everybody (if you know what I mean), but the money is good!! They go to Holland, Belgium a bit of Germany and Ireland.
Good luck.

what about RH freight from notts, your neck of the woods,they do euro, seen them quite a few places.

xxicelandicxx:
what about RH freight from notts, your neck of the woods,they do euro, seen them quite a few places.

Not much Euro with RH Freight, not for the Brits anyway.

JB will tell you when he is back.

you could try bj waters near matlock if you dont mind doing tipper work

you could try bj waters near matlock if you dont mind doing tipper work

malmaz:
Hi All
Can anybody give me info on any firms that do Euro work that might be wanting experianced driver.Had 20 years doing Euro work am doing Uk at the moment and am getting fed up with now
Live in the notts area, but willing to travel for the right company any info is much obliged

Right firm ■■ Not many good uk hauliers taking on for euro work. Plenty of dutch firms looking but work a bit tedious i;e uk - nl - uk. Norbert will give most a job easy going but money not fantastic. Or maybe erf (european road frieght) out of hull. But frankly good euro driving jobs are a bit of a rarity , or more to the point nobody gives em up once they have em.

Hi all
Sorry for not posting replys sooner,been away for few days,but thanks for the info.
I did work for Rh Freight a few years ago and know that they have east european drivers doing the work now.
Does anybody have any info on ERF Hull or Temple transport spalding
I have submitted an application form to ERF but not heard anything yet :cry:

Does anybody know anything about Weston international in Wisbech?

A lot of the ERF trailers I see over here are being hauled by europeans registered units. Almost never do I see a British unit on the front. So from what I’ve seen, they subcontract the euro end of their runs… probably sending their trailers over un-accompanied… Anyone seen them sending a Brit over here?

allikat:
A lot of the ERF trailers I see over here are being hauled by europeans registered units. Almost never do I see a British unit on the front. So from what I’ve seen, they subcontract the euro end of their runs… probably sending their trailers over un-accompanied… Anyone seen them sending a Brit over here?

I meet the ERF drivers most weeks on the ferries.
Usually heading for points well south of the area our lot cover.

although its a year ago used to see them down italy way regular. can recall taking a break on the way down and talking to a driver for them on his first trip,happy to get given his chance on euro with no experience.

That’d be why I don’t see them with UK units on the front up here…

:question: :question: :question:

im sure i read in one of the truck mags that E R F from hull are now owned by one of brian yeardley,s lads and he did say that theyd continue to do europe.when i used to go over the water i remember talking to the drivers and it were either italy or spain they were going

I see quite a few Denby and S & J Pierce motors around, also Skint & Knackered.