European work

Hi all.
Before it’s to late and considering the British weather now, I am seriously considering my first step into European driving, but I need help, does anyone have any connections in Cambridgeshire for a haulage firm that does this type of work and also would look at a driver with no European experience… Hope you can help… Have a great week out there people, be safe and get home…

There’s been a few threads 're Euro work, search on the Euro board , that should help. And bear in mind, if you are out for a week or more, it is probably do-able to look at Companies outside of Cambs.

Cheers mate, I will take a look

The usual answer is try the rock n roll or events companies but you have chosen the wrong time of year . Start ringing round in March/April . You may have to do some double driving to get your foot in the door tho.

Sadly, you are about 15 years too late to the party (but even back in the day, international hauliers from Cambridgeshire were fairly thin on the ground).

I’d suggest looking around the east Kent area, Alcaline do quite a bit of Italy- alcaline.uk.com/vacancies.html

Rogers Northampton, is your closest.

Try Richard Long at Wymondham just up the road from you. Good kit on low loaders all the time delivering new construction equipment and agriculture machinery. Money is not bad but they will run you all over Europe and you will be over there for a few weeks at a time.

The weather can be just the same in Europe,in some cases worse depending where your going

try turners of soham they do some euro work