European Truckers' Atlas

Can any one recommend a good European Truckers’ Atlas? Spoken to the FTA who only do a British one and gave me a few contacts but can’t find anything up to date or suitable.

Any one out there able to assist? :confused:

Personally I have got a Phillips map because it is nice and clear and a Collins map because it is very detailed and shows most villages etc,etc.

I have also got maps of most of the countries I go to regular e.g.:

Blay Foldex or Michelin for France and ADAC or Falk for Germany this arrangement suits me best and as a back up I occassionally use the Prat Nav.

I have a 1999 AA Big Road Atlas Europe, you are quite welcome to it. This morning I took a load of German Road Maps to Geoff Gilbert International Haulage firm in Swineshead. Hubby wanted to throw them, but they were in good condition and just wanted to find a good home for them.

FOR Germany you need the following
FALK BUS & TRUCKERS ATLAS
this is the best one for all those who
are doing germany as the information
is one of the best and shows where
ADR–HAZ transport is forrbidden and
also bridge heights,motorway junctions
etc, plus a few city plans and also some
coverage of all neighbouring countrys,
COSTS €50 ;; well worth it,

AA Road Atlas Europe 05/06/07/08

its very good - clear and nice colour - show different colour types - normal motorway & Toll Motorway on map

size like as A4 paper

Ben.

I used to use collins for route planing,michelin atlas for france[if it aint in there it dont exist]and the falk plan map for germany,all excellent.

brit pete:
FOR Germany you need the following
FALK BUS & TRUCKERS ATLAS
this is the best one for all those who
are doing germany as the information
is one of the best and shows where
ADR–HAZ transport is forrbidden and
also bridge heights,motorway junctions
etc, plus a few city plans and also some
coverage of all neighbouring countrys,
COSTS €50 ;; well worth it,

you mean this 1 Pete?
Link to Amazon
unfortunately it isn`t currently available on Amazon, but a quick search on google found several copies for sale via german retailers. Getting 1 over here in the UK would be more difficult

Pierre.

I used the one that opened up into a large single map if you wanted it like that.Or by using the index you could just see the route you needed.All in colour and very detailed.You could also get them with parts of belgium,holland and france included.

Thanks, but I dont really need a copy, Im just off work bored so I`m searching the web out of curiosity

the closest I get to the roads in Germany is when I`m at warp 9 on the Triumph heading to a mates down in Schomberg south of Stuggart

YES that is the one it is worth buying
as the atlas is the best one around
for GERMANY;

Falk atlas on amazon.de

amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_b/028- … uckeratlas

hitch …if you use Babelfish it tells you its out of stock, and unlikely to be available soon, I checked. Thats why I linked to the UK site to make it easier to read

Thanks guys! Bought a 2007 (2008 not quite out yet) AA Atlas and a Collins one. They look great. Certainly updated from the 1999 one my boss presently has. Disappointed the FTA do not do one specifically for Trucks but there you go.

International CPC once I get through the Unit 4 Case Study in March !