European Satnav, IPad Maybe?

Hi all,
This is my first post on here so to start I’d like to say hello to all and hopefully I can get the answers to my many questions.

I have a Navman Panoramic sat nav? (Includes 44 countries) and has truck mode for an extra cost which I have purchased.
The other day I went to switch it on and got a message saying there was not enough memory and clear some data. I have a 4gb SD card inserted on which there is 3.8 gigs free so I know this is not the problem.
I have tried to connect it to my laptop, but laptop is not picking it up either :confused:
The sat nav is only 6-8 months old, and up to this I have to say it was the best nav I have ever used, including the Snooper!
Question:
Has anybody got one of these? And had similar problems as I’m at a loss, was back to the maps this week and believe me I’d prefer the satnav.

iPad
I have an IPad and have been looking at the Co-Pilot satnav app, the price is reasonable as its a truck sat nav, but there’s no reviews, it doesn’t state weather you need an Internet connection.
Question:
Does anybody have this app?
Is it as good as it looks?
Will I need an Internet connection? (ie:3G)

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to add, I intend getting Navman fixed, I was thinking of co-pilot as a back up.

I use the CoPilot app on my phone but only the car version. However, you can set the car version to ‘camper van’ mode which avoids narrow streets etc. & allows you to adjust the maximum speeds. For 30quid it’s spot on, offering you 3 different routes plus the capability to drag the route to which route you want to take which is very handy. I find the mapping far superior to tomtom but the traffic service is useless compared to the tomtom traffic.
Lately mine has had some difficulty in securing a GPS signal which may just be down to my phone but it quite often goes a bit crazy in city centres when surrounded by high buildings and also completely lost the plot coming up through Germany into Holland last night :unamused:

Cheers Andy,
I think most of em loose their marbles at some stage, traffic wouldn’t be a problem, can u use it without phone connection? I have a decent roaming deal but as you know getting a signal is the problem.
I have tried the google maps app on iPad but surprisingly it looses its way even on some of the old roads which is not giving me much hope. It’s better than nothing for the time being but I wouldn’t turn the key without the map at hand, says a lot in this day and age eh!

Anyway I’m gonna have to do something in the next day or so (purchase something) but if I do decide to get the co-pilot ill start a thread and keep all informed.

In the event I don’t get it, can anybody recommend a very decent satnav for trucks, I have seen the Snooper and friends have had problems with them crashing so I’m not gonna go that road.

I have been looking at the tom tom truck options, but there a little pricey.
All ideas welcomed.

Just been browsing and stumbled upon this:
forum.copilotlive.com/copilotlive

Watching with interest. I use a garmin without the truck facility. Works well but obviously is designed for cars.