European route

We are taking the NSF sailing from Hull to Europort on the 5th January.

I’m looking for advice on the most suitable route from Europort to Luxembourg.

Either via Antwerp & Brussels or Eindhoven & Liege.

It’s two years since we last used the route and then we went via Eindhoven.

In May 2004 we spent an hour approaching Eindhoven on the A2 from Liege in first gear. There were traffic lights at a very large roundabout and the roadworks did not help.

I’ve heard there are major road works at present on the Antwerp ring road although I can’t find any details.

Any up to date info will be most welcome.

Is there a reliable site where I can check for euro road works.

Thanks

Don

We use the Antwerp - Brussels - Lux’ route, whenever we are heading for Swiss. It is, apparently, quite a bit quicker. The roadworks round Antwerp are finished now.We can get through the border and into Basel, to the Swiss clearing agents, in under 10 hrs driving using that route. There is at least one of us on that boat every Sunday.

The DFDS crossing from Newcastle to IJmuiden is going down to one boat shortly, they will be putting the other boat into dry dock for refurbishment. Also Superfast are usualy down to one boat at about the same time for the same reason. So a lot of wagons which usualy use those routes will be using the remaining crossings, ie Hull to Europoort or Zeebrugge. Hopefully DFDS and Superfast will not both be travelling in the same direction at the same time, but that would take a bit of forethought. Can you see two competing ferry operators talking to each other and ensuring that doesn’t happen■■?

Thanks for that Simon, I’ll take your advice.

Don

do not forget your road tax and that goes for cars as well in the WALLIONIEN
part of BELGIUM,also ensure that you are prepared for the winter road conditions, as the snow will be heavy in this area,
have a nice trip.

brit pete:
do not forget your road tax and that goes for cars as well in the WALLIONIEN
part of BELGIUM.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

yes the french part of belgium has brought in a roadtax for cars as of 2006,it
was reported to be 20€ for a year ,this is because they are needingmoney to upgrade their roads and due to the high unemployment in this part of Belgium
are lacking in the revenue,