European Road Freight Ltd in Hull?

I know most of you guys will have heard of them, question is - what are they like to work for, pay, trucks, home time, etc, etc I think they do a lot of Italy if I remember

Thanx

Don’t know what they’re like now, but they’ve been up in front of the Traffic Commissioner for running very bent in the past.

They run Magnum’s and I vaguely recall someone saying the money is poor but you’d need to confirm that for yourself.

Wasn’t there a thread about them in the dim and distant past?

They USED to run hard and fast, and the drivers earned reasonable money.

However they did recieve a shock from the Traffic Commisioner and since run to the letter, as I hear it the drivers pay hasnt changed to reflect this lower pace of life and therefore the renumeration isnt as great as it used to be.

They still run Italy a lot, but as a new starter you would probably spend quite a while doing either UK tips and loads and drop at docks,for shipping over fro guys already over the other side or Benelux and occassional southern Germanys.

Once in foriegn climes rumour has it that it can be a battle to get back this side of the water

Have applied to them,everyone has to be vetted now as they call it,refernces etc,i have been waiting 2 weeks for a reply,very fussy on points on your licence,I have spoke to the MD himself,J D Riby.

But they do have vacancies,saying that i have an interview with Stobart on Euro work coming up,thing with ERFL when your home you go home with the truck.

Not yet had the interview so don`t know about pay,will post when i know :smiley:

i think you will find that european work for erf is day rate plus night out, it works out about £90 per day i think.
they were in trouble with the tc but most of the problem appeared to be drivers getting into hull on the p&o from rotterdam and then running the couple of miles to the yard either without a chart in or on a seventh day etc so they can get back to base.
some drivers do take the trucks home but it all depends where you live and what is on the trailer as well as how much time off you want.
they are hardly going to let you take a midlands load all the way to leeds to run back down again on monday etc.
likewise if your loaded for london then the chances are you will be weekending in the south etc.
some of the drivers were serious offenders when over the water and i would regularly see them pull in a couple of hours after me at a service area and be gone after just 5 hours rest.
i thought they had changed but this week i was at capellen in lux when one of theirs came in, he said he was out of time and hoping to park up there, despite there being several parking spaces i was surprised to see him drive on after just a few minutes rest.
i think you will need to be prepared to be away for a couple or three weeks with erf.
they run magnums and erf’s.
both models run abroad.

I`m fixed now,got a job over the weekend running for a guy with 2 trucks on for Heritage International in Dover :smiley:

scaniamad:
I`m fixed now,got a job over the weekend running for a guy with 2 trucks on for Heritage International in Dover :smiley:

Maybe Riby’s would have been so bad after all :wink: