European Rates

Vince:
Rosewood are currently offering £1800 round-trip Barcelona or Madrid, £2200 Malaga. That will be with 2 or 3 collections, at each end, starting and ending up around Manchester.

Vince

Excuse my ignorance/niavety but is that good or crap money for that trip?

Rosewood offer the same money for a round-trip that we would want for a one-way-trip.

As an example, we would quote £1600 for a one-way-trip to Barcelona (say)

We would then have to go to the spot-market for a reload. A typical reload would be 5 collections from Castellion with ceramics, with 3-5 deliveries in the UK. This would pay around £1700.

So we would get £3300 for a round trip to Barcelona, whereas Rosewood would pay just over half that amount.

Vince

Hello there…

You´ve all seen trailers from “LKW Walther”, haven´t you■■?!!

LKW Walther is an Austrian company which only employs office personal. They´ve got about 1200 traffic managers… No trailers, no lorries and no drivers - because the stupid subbies do cheap work!!!

They pay the German subbies between 78 and 83 cent per kilometer on a round trip, that equals out between 53 and 57 pence a km ( 85 to 91 pence to a mile )… And once you´re empty, you´ve got to drive 100 km for free to pick up a reload…

LKW Walther advertises that they´ve got about 3000 loads (each way) to and from the UK a day!!!

When I came home on Thursday night, I sailed on the Cherbourg Poole crossing, there were at least 6 empty trucks from CZ and a couple of Lithuanians.

Now that is not a cheap crossing, so these companies are on a hiding to nothing! They will soon find out that the new trucks and trailers are worn out and they have no money to replace them.

It happened after the Velvet revolution and the Czechs got a massive subsidy to buy trucks.

It will be a waiting game for us.

Insel said about LKW Walter, well there are a lot of UK companies working for them, :cry:

Hello Wheel Nut…

I know you see Lithuanians and Czechs on those expensive ferries but why don´t you see any Germans on them■■? I only used the short crossings up to now… The longest ones were Zeebrugge - Dover which P&O cancelled quite a while ago and Oostend - Ramsgate the f…ing Transeuropa Ferries…

:bulb: :bulb: What I think is they get payed better rates than we do… :bulb: :bulb:

I met a british owner driver in West Thurrock last summer. He had 2 artics running international. 1 for Maenhout, Belgium which was on following rates:

98 Pence a mile if he was doing UK work only and 82 Pence a mile on European work…

And the second one was doing LKW Walther for the rates I wrote in my last post…

So whats happening■■? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I´d like to work for a British haulage company…

Either UK - Germany - UK with weekends at home (near Cologne)

Companies like European and Sealane tip near my home at least 3 times a week but they want the drivers to live in a 25 mile radius from the company yard in UK. What for?? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Or Grocontinental… They thanked me for my application but told me that I should do a few years of UK only before I could go abroad… And that´s what I call stupid :smiling_imp: :confused: :confused: :confused: , I think I know the continent better than their traffic managers… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or 2 weeks UK work, 1 week off and the same again…

I don´t even want pay in the time I don´t work… They´ve only got to give me a proper health insurance and offer me a good pension sheme…

well on the Western Channel routes there are not so many German Trucks except some chemical tankers running from the Seine ports to Fawley.

I do see quite a lot of German registered trucks in the UK, but from past experience, the money was never that good.

Have a look around the Ford plant, there are sure to be some companies doing UK work, although Fords own trucks only run to Zeeby or Antwerp

I think I´ll give that a go…

The last 4 German haulage companies for whom I worked between Germany and UK were crap ■■■■.

2 went bankrupt…
1 wanted 105 hours nonstop shift time… “You can sleep at the weekend!!!”
1 didn´t pay the money he promised

So now I want to try British companies… They should be different I hope…

Insel, may be worth trying Norbert Netzler, white 420 topline Scanias with black euroliners or maybe Online Roadways, white Super Space Cabs with white euroliners. They both do loads of Germany Uk Germany work, not sure where Online are based though, but i think Netzler are somewhere out Essen way. I met a driver at Wurth in Belvedere not long ago, quite an old chap and he was really enjoying the job.

@ kindle530

The white scanias is the 105 hours company. I took them to court 2 years ago. And the second company won´t take over drivers who drove for the first one…

They´re all a bit funny overhere.
Thanks a lot for suggesting them anyway…

I wrote you a pm…

Ta

André

Netzler has gone under and is now owned by Online Roadways of Rainham, East London who have both British and German trucks in the same colors. The British trucks say Online Roadways European Logistics or something simlar on the trailer and the German ones say Online GmbH, otherwise they look the same. Also the German drivers are now employed in Britain so they’re on a better thing. Germany has gone seriously downhill by the looks of it, my dad is German and it never used to be like this over there and its hardly surprising when you visit Germany and see the sheer amount of East Europeans who take everyones work, espcially in Germany.

Hello Robinhood…
I´ve got different information about those companies…

So I´d say that´s not correct what you wrote…

“Netzer Worldwide” closed down completely and Monika Schneeweiß (former Mrs Netzer) stopped haulage completly.

Norbert Netzer International is still running. 25 own units at the moment.

Her brother and the last employed traffic manager they had went their own way and founded “Online Roadways GmbH” which isn´t owned by Online Roadways UK. It´s a selfoperating company based in Germany.
They only got a large amount of money to start up the company.

They took over some of the drivers from Netzer Worldwide and that´s the only connection there is between those companies.
The drivers are employed in and payed from Germany and they´re not better off anymore because they cut down the wages quite a bit.
1950 Euros before tax for a months work plus night out money.

If you´re not married that equals out to:

1300 Euros after tax plus about 800 € night outs = 2100 € = 1450 Pounds a month = 362 quit a week all in!!!

Hi Insel Driver,

I dont know what is correct but I have spoke to a few Norbert Netzler drivers who have said that they are now part of Online GmbH which is part of the same thing Online Roadways European Logistics is, the trailers are absoluetly identical in every way. These drivers even told me that they are now employed in England, though their trucks are still German registered.

Also the Norbert Netzler website has now being shutdown since I heard of them becoming owned by Online.

By the way, that wage of £362 a week take home is no worse than a driver would earn in this part of England doing International Work.

Hello Robin…

you can´t have spoken to Norbert´s drivers… They wouldn´t tell you things like that because their not owned from anyone less than Norbert Netzer. Have a look at following website:

www.norbert-netzer-international.de
( I still know a couple of drivers there)

The company “Netzer Worldwide” went down beginning of last year and about a dozen of people were taken over by “Online Roadways GmbH”…

Ta
André

Hi Insel Driver,

The drivers I spoke to where definetly from Norbert Netzler, however they must have being talking about Netzer Worldwide and not their own company then, appologies for the confusion!

On the matter of the Online Roadways GmbH trucks, I have been told by their German drivers that they are now owned, or atleast partly-owned by Online Roadways from London, maybe its equal partnership, I dont know, but they said they are now employed in England, but still with the German registered trucks. The English registered trucks look absoluetly identical with the exception of ‘GmbH’ being replaced with ‘European Logistics’ or something along those lines. See the website online-groupuk.com/european/

i think i read in a magazine that rh frieght at nottingham had eastern europeans phoning to pull rh trailers at 50p a mile im sure that was what the artical was about■■? :frowning: :frowning:

Don`t know what they are paying but for sure they are pulling rh,s trailers.

yeah im sure as sure it was an artical about euro hauliers and rh were quoted saying that east europeans firms were phoning offering to pull rh traliers at 50p a mile i dont know if they took them up on the offer but i have seen some east euros with rh tilts on but it was in another of those motor transpot type paper that rh have taken over or merged with an eastern firm and is going to do hungery.and spainish work, i know i read it somewhere but i cant remember where.

RH Freight use Parma Trans - Estionan company / group of owner driver, mostly of them use double manning on megaspace actros and now i notice they use more estionan trucks pull the rh tilt and euroliner now but i dont know what thier price rate ? :confused:

maybe Jon@RH will tell more bec he used work RH Freight company :sunglasses:

Ben

Eastern Europeans are becoming very numerous with ex-ferry trailers out of Immingham Dock now, I’ve seen 3 Poles in Scunthorpe alone today doing this work. Also alot of the Dutch trucks based here doing ex-ferry trailers now have Polish drivers. You see these Polish driven Dutch trucks parked in the lay-bys on the A180 over the weekend sometimes, something that never used to happen when the drivers were local English drivers or Dutch drivers. Infact I was with my dad in his truck two weeks ago and we pulled into one of the laybys near Immingham on the A180 and there were two Dutch registered trucks with no trailers. No sooner had we stopped and two men ran up to us saying “Polska? Polska?” to which my dad say “nyet! Kazakhstan!” they looked at him in an odd way and just walked, it was quite amusing actually.