European freight

Also, do companies demand weekly f/t or can we still run/ship in then go home until we have recovered?

Not sure what you’re asking.
But.
Some companies want you on the road for a fixed number of weeks (usually 1 - 6), ship in, tip, load, ship out. Then you get your set time off at home.
Some companies will leave “your” wagon parked up while you have your time off, some will put another driver on it while you’re off.
Some companies, you do a round trip, then get some time off at home.
Some companies, you never know when you’ll get time off at home. You could’ve been on the road for a month, be loaded for home, anticipating some time at home, then you get the phone call, “change over trailers with Joe n ship back out tonight”.

It’s entirely down to what type of work the company does and what’s in your contract.
My job now is usually a 5 day round trip followed by 2 days off. We do groupage work both ways, 1 - 6 drops and 6 - 1 collections. We only cover Southern Germany and Northern Switzerland.
Sometimes things go wrong and I don’t get home till the 6th day.
I’ve worked for other companies with different routines. 2 weeks away, home for a weekend, 2 weeks away. 3 weeks away, home for a long weekend. 6 weeks away, home for a week.
The longer you’re planned to be away, the further afield you’re likely to go, although that isn’t a hard n fast rule. Some jobs could have you on a ferry every working day, never getting any further than 4 hours from the port for a fortnight.

This A320 bloke must be off his meds
2 stupid posts with no real reasoning behind either
WTF is he on

Thanks Simon, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you for your time.