European driving jobs.

Hey scaniamad Have you tried Van Bentum or Tunderman, Ralph Davies still does a bit/ seasonal tho 01242 236266 Charlie Russell in Cheltenham, Gilders RHM, Spanish firms do recruit, no help wiv numbers tho :laughing:

oh yeh nearly forgot heres 2 more
dont laugh the rest of you lot…

NOLANS of new ross & fredericks OR HSF as they are known, if you can get one to stop long enough to get the Tel number :laughing:

david you are quite right on both counts.

1. denbys are a bit rude!!
  2. fimo is the junior version of fcos and is both theory and practical assesment at the princly sum of €1800!!!
    so i am told most companys will pay for it as in the uk but will also tie you to a contract and knowing the french it will be so water tight you will have more chance of getting a straight answer from a traffic manager back in blighty.
    ho hum
    chris

Chris,

Suppose the FCOS cost about the same but if it did the Boss paid for it. He also without being asked supplied safety shoes and body warmer (I keep that for best now :laughing: ) all without a contract and indeed no hard feelings when I retired within the year.

Incidentally when ordering the shoes the office assistant rang me in the cab and asked for my size. A bit flustered in traffic I mistook the request for size as a request for quantity and the reply ‘two of course, I don’t have any more feet,’ produced gales of laughter in the office and when asked when asked to repeat to the assembled throng on Saturday morning, playing to the gallery now, I did!

Salut, David.

If anyone`s interested, Husk are advertising for continental drivers in my local paper, 30+, 2 years continental experience, clean licence, £530 per week, must live local to Dover and have own transport.

If anyone wants contact details, PM me. Usual disclaimer applies.

Vince

Sorry lads fimo is a 4week course and is about 2 grand it depends where you live in france,the course is all in french and there is lots of exams involved,fcos is a three day course I should know Ive just took it and passed it,dont know how because the examiner was a big headed french git who was great in the class and when we went out on the road was just waiting for me to hit something,but I`d driven left handers before and wiped the smile from his smug face,cost 350.After a few weeks they send out a little stamped card,350 not much to show for it .

4 weeks are they having a bubble or what :question: :imp: :imp: :imp:
how come we can do it in 4 days for practical test training and test and the theroy bit from a book and we can still drive better than most of the french drivers i have seen around and abouts this is absolutly mentle, driver shortage in france no wonder :open_mouth:
chris