Eurocargo load resistors for LED lights

Long shot but hoping someone would know! I have a Eurocargo 100E15

I have replaced all of my side lights and rear lights with LED lights. When i put the turn signals on, everything works as expected, only thing is the dash light doesn’t flash, it just stays on permanent (while the indicators are on). I’m assuming I need a load resistor on the harness somewhere?

Would anyone know where the best place for this is? I’ve had the flasher relay (attached pic of relay) off and attempted to splice into a few wires, but there are a LOT of wires in the back of that box. Around 20 green wires, 2 brown etc, so attempting to put one resistor in parallel hasn’t worked so far.

If anyone has any ideas that would be perfect!!

Thanks

Ryan

Iveco-EuroCargo-Blinker-relay-500372850.jpg

rybrx7:
Long shot but hoping someone would know! I have a Eurocargo 100E15

I have replaced all of my side lights and rear lights with LED lights. When i put the turn signals on, everything works as expected, only thing is the dash light doesn’t flash, it just stays on permanent (while the indicators are on). I’m assuming I need a load resistor on the harness somewhere?

Would anyone know where the best place for this is? I’ve had the flasher relay (attached pic of relay) off and attempted to splice into a few wires, but there are a LOT of wires in the back of that box. Around 20 green wires, 2 brown etc, so attempting to put one resistor in parallel hasn’t worked so far.

If anyone has any ideas that would be perfect!!

Thanks

Ryan

If you replace the LEDs with tungsten bulbs, the resistance will be just about perfect.
Alternatively put your ballast resistors across the wires near the lights, rather than near the blinking black box?

Is the flasher relay actually working.?
You might find that the problem is that the bulb failure indicator system is out of scope .
My Iveco recovery truck was very sensitive to sidelight bulbs., replaced the bulbs with good quality ones and cleaned all earths up and the problem stopped . It didn’t use anywhere near as many bulbs either .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What is the behaviour of the dash when the bulbs (LEDs whatever) are not present?

I would say that finding a solution to this will likely result in the power draw being similar to what was there before (ie traditional bulbs). The only benefits appear to be not having to change the LEDs and the appearance. Negatives include having a potentially hot resistor dangling near your indicator fittings.

In other words there isn’t really a whole lot to be gained and you could cause yourself some issues.