Euro WTD Relief Driver Available

After 2 years of early retirement I’m suffering some withdrawal symptoms. :cry:

Don’t want to return to full time work but if there are any hauliers or O/Ds who
need an experienced driver one week in 3 or 4, check me out.

As I live in SW France this will only really work for England-Spain/Portugal
traffic. For a full explanation of my thinking on the possible need for this please
read my post below partially re-printed from the ‘Trucknet UK Draft WTD Translation’ thread in the ‘Safety, Law & WTD Forum’.

Had a couple of false starts recently so I could use a shot of (driving) methodone to assuage my (diesel starvation) heroin craving.

Anyone interested, pm me or ring 00 33 5 53 56 26 62.

Quote From S.L.& WTD Forum.

As many Euro trips involve long hours, let’s assume a regular driver works 60 hours pw. That means that after 4 weeks he has done 240 hours, or 68 over the average. I realise that this can be averaged over 26 weeks not 4 but if 60pw is the norm then it is in the employer’s interest to keep on top of the ‘reclaimed’ hours on a more regular basis. If this were the case then, this employer may be looking to ‘rest’ (unpaid or in addition to annual leave) his regular driver for 1 week and 1 day at the end of this period.

You can see where I’m leading with this - me, every 4 weeks .

Whether or not this idea would have any appeal I don’t know, but what, I wonder, are your thoughts on the validity of my reasoning? Perhaps I haven’t understood after all, no doubt someone will tell me.

Finally, if you are wondering why I don’t just go to Manpower and re-register it’s
because I don’t want to be pestered every week for local work but prefer something I can get my teeth into - but not too often :wink:
For a different reason I can’t approach my last boss here, who would be happy to use me. I am in receipt of a French pension and the rules forbid working for the last employer without some complicated bureaucracy involving suspending payments.

Salut, David.

Your thinking seems sound David but, you knew there was going to be a ‘but’ didn’t you :smiley: , it would more likely be companies, rather than OD’s, who would require your services. Od’s are exempt from the WTD for a few more years.

Coffeeholic:
Your thinking seems sound David but, you knew there was going to be a ‘but’ didn’t you :smiley: , it would more likely be companies, rather than OD’s, who would require your services. Od’s are exempt from the WTD for a few more years.

Dead right Neil, I had forgotten that, mind you maybe some ODs would like a week off now and then. :wink:

On the whole though it would seem that interest is more likely from small hauliers. Thanks for your thoughts though, I couldn’t understand why there was not more panic in the industry, not here of course, the French have a way as you know, but in the UK. :laughing:

Salut, David.

And I forgot in my PM, that Holidays count as 48 hours per week :confused:

Wheel Nut:
And I forgot in my PM, that Holidays count as 48 hours per week :confused:

I know that Malc, that’s why I said

‘this employer may be looking to ‘rest’ (unpaid or in addition to annual leave) his regular driver’

Salut, David.

Just my luck, I knew it would happen, an offer to do four weeks straight on relief :cry:
I’m looking for an occasional ‘fix’ - not a complete ‘overdose’ :unamused: .

Salut, David.

.Hiya sham or hello to most oya bean reading this site 4 a while now (loads intresting stuff keep up the good work) first time iv posted cos i dont have a computer ,got one o these so called smart phones So it takes a few hours to write a sentence ,anyhoo getting back on trac

Coffeeholic:

il try try again OD are only exempt while driving in UK and not europe so dont get caught out

Not true, the rules are Europe wide and OD’s are just as exempt over the water as they are in the UK. In fact given that most other countries aren’t even bothering with it, just about everyone would be exempt over there. :wink: :smiley:

I was about to reply ‘interesting’ to 205’s post, then you have to come in and spoil the party Coffee :cry: .
Anyway, it seems that everyone has got it covered, or are ignoring it and hoping for the best 'cos the only offer I’ve had so far doesn’t exactly suit :unamused: .

BTW 205, what language was your first post? Or was it perhaps in code? :laughing:

Salut, David.