Euro weight

Hi all I run a 6 wheel tractor unit with a tri axle lowloader trailer at 44ton here at home in the UK what weight am I allowed in Europe can I still run at 44ton or is it lower in Euro. Am thinking France and Germany also I know there is a height issue but can you tell me what it is as well please

dunno about weights i think it may still be the same

but the height limit is 4m

Height - in most European countries, the maximum height allowed is 4 meters, except for France and UK, which have no limit.

Axle weights - the most common limit in Europe for a single axle is 10 tonnes. Exceptions include: Italy - 12 tonnes, France - 13 tonnes. There are also further exceptions depending on the type of road being used. Maximum weight permitted for tandem and tri-axles varies according to spacing as well as from country to country.

Gross vehicle weights - in Europe the most common weight for artics is 40 tonnes on 5 axles (France, Germany, Portugal, Spain & Republic of Ireland). Unrestricted operation at 44 tonnes on 6 axles is permitted in Belgium, Denmark, Italy & UK. Switzerland, as from 1 Jan 2005, permits artics to operate at gross weights of up to 40 tonnes.

Most countries have weight limit of 40t on 5 axles (and more).
In some countries you can weigh in at 44t on 5 axles if you are moving a 40ft container.
You can do 44t in some countries, marcustandy mentioned most of those; I think Luxembourg and Norway are also there (not 100% sure). Plus Caucasus countries.
In few countries you can do 48t on 6 axles, Czech rep, Finland, Sweden (?)
It should all be somewhere in the stickies.

Height limit is generally 4m; no limit in UK, France, Norway, Sweden, 4.65m in IRL, 4.2m somewhere.

You can of course operate your truck as high as it is, at 44t too, possibly a bit more, anywhere you like - but you’ll need a heavy&oversize permit for that.

Robert:
Hi all I run a 6 wheel tractor unit with a tri axle lowloader trailer at 44ton here at home in the UK what weight am I allowed in Europe can I still run at 44ton or is it lower in Euro. Am thinking France and Germany also I know there is a height issue but can you tell me what it is as well please

Hi Robert, I’m not sure of the rules in N.I., because sometimes they’re a bit different to the rest of the UK, but over here you’d need an international ‘O’ licence and a TM who holds both national AND international (operator) CPCs before you can consider the Euroland height/weight questions that you’ve asked. It might be worth you checking out your local requirements…

HomoFaber:
Height limit is generally 4m; no limit in UK, France, Norway, Sweden, 4.65m in IRL, 4.2m somewhere.

Well, actually it’s 4.5m in Sweden, Norway and Denmark are 4m like most other European countries, in Finland it’s 4.2m.

Weight limit in Finland and Sweden is 60tn with long lorries up to 25.25m in lenght, don’t remember artics now but reckon it’s up to 48tn.

Prefix and Homofaber, you’re right about Finland - artics here are 48t on six axles and 44t on five, then up to 60t on seven but you’ll need a second trailer for that (see profile picture). Height limit is 4,20.

Robert, if you mean what weight can you run in Europe on international journeys starting in the UK I’m afraid that its 40t, except for Belgium, Holland and Denmark where we have a reciprocal agreement for 44t on 6 axles, but strictly speaking you can’t use the corridor to get there; so you have to ship to Zeebe, Rotterdam or where ever and for Denmark its a cruise to Esbjerg.

Just because a country has a higher limit for internal traffic does not mean that international traffic can run at the higher weight. Some will enforce, some not. I know that in the 90s Sweden definitely enforced 40t for international traffic.

Robert:

you could give mar-train or donnell & ellis a ring and they could maybe help with any queries .

For the Benni -.Lux ; THIS IS belgian holland luxemburg 44tn is allowed on 5axles
Germany it is 40tn unless you have a permit from the Germans for a heavier weight
YOU can how ever when putting a trailer or container on the rail way go to 44tn
on 5axles , to & from loading place / container terminal
We have firms that carry steel coils and they have 3 axles tractor units and
4–5 axles trailers , they run on special permits,

dieseldave:

Robert:

Hi Robert, I’m not sure of the rules in N.I., because sometimes they’re a bit different to the rest of the UK, but over here you’d need an international ‘O’ licence and a TM who holds both national AND international (operator) CPCs before you can consider the Euroland height/weight questions that you’ve asked. It might be worth you checking out your local requirements…

Thanks Dave the rules are the same in N.I as the rest of the UK and I carry an international O licence myself as I need it to carry loads in the Rep of Ireland but I have got my answers from the other lads thanks all of you