Euro Vignette ???

what is a Euro Vignette ■■? :blush:

It’s a road tax for all trucks over 12 tonnes and is required in Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Sweden. You also used to need one in Germany but they pulled out of the scheme when they tried to start their own system. You buy it by the day, week, month or year and it looks like this:

That’s my current one which I just bought for the month, ignore the fact it says EURO 2 when my vehicle is a EURO 3, they both pay the same price, EURO 1 pays extra. The price also varies according to the number of axles.

Its on of these!

Sorry I nicked it off Coffeeholics Austria 2 post.

It is a road tax, (autobahn gebuhr) which you pay to use a truck over 12 tonne in participating countries.

Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden and you use to need it in Germany but they have a new system which doesnt work. I know ive forgotten some :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

To slow Malc, beat you by 4 minutes and you haven’t forgotten any. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I wasnt sure whether Portugal or Greece had joined in or if the new EU members had jumped on the bandwagon!

Shhhhh! before they do!

thanks guys :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i have heard a rumour that germany are going to rejoin it as they cant get the new system up and running.

only a rumour mind you

I heard on the radio the other day that we were going to start a similar system to charge foreign trucks visiting this country to level the playing field a little bit but, whoops, it’s going to cost more money to implement it than it will raise in revenue so we’ll carry on letting the “foreigners” get away with it…doh!
:unamused: