Euro Vignette

Am possibly going to Belgium next week in a 7 and half tonner. Have been reading up on speed limits etc. Am i right in believing that the vignette is not required for 7 and a half. Only if you have three axles or above. Thanks.

You don’t need a vignette, 12 tonnes is the minimum MGW requiring one.

Thanks for that Harry. Furthest i’ve been over water is Ireland. To say i’m nervous. Don’t want to make any mistakes. Not even sure what to do at the docks. Ireland is easy. Just weigh and go. Someone once said to me ’ if in doubt follow the artics’. So guess thats what i’ll do. Thanks again.

Assuming you go through Dover, it’s all quite self explanatory. Follow the lorry signs, you will be hugging the cliffs on your nearside.

You might be stopped for a security check, but probably not.

You will be automatically directed onto a weighbridge, push the flashing button and a ticket will come out.

Then get into the correct lane for whichever ferry company you are using. At the booth, give the operator the weighbridge ticket and your passport. They will ask you what you are carrying.

Then they will give you an A4 sized windscreen ticket and a smaller ticket. Both will have your lane number on them. (e.g 167)

Follow the numbered signs to the correct lane, get in it and wait for the trucks to start boarding. Give your small ticket to the bod who will tell you which deck to go on, upper or lower.

He/she will give you half the ticket back, use this to get into the fright drivers’ restaurant and to change money.

When you leave Calais, follow the signs for Dunkerque, when this drops you onto the A16 motorway just stay on it and you can’t miss Belgium!

Thanks again. Sounds much the same as the irish ferry but on a larger scale. Never did like those self scan tills in the supermarket though!!. Always like to talk to a human.

Harry Monk:
you can’t miss Belgium!

cos it will be raining!!! :laughing:

good luck if it goes ahead, i remember my first trips still, its all a bit daunting esp if people start talking about fines for this and that! one thing that they dont like is if you leave your tacho head key in, try and remember to put it on your ignition keys when in belgium, i have heard of people being fined for running with it in (and if im correct, if it is raining, its no overtaking for trucks, i think it includes 7.5 tonners, but there are signs telling you)

sorry about going off on a tangent, but hope it maybe some help

“Take as much money as you can and fill the cab up with ■■■■ 'n booze” is the most essential advice for anyone going to Belgium.

For your own personal use of course.

“Take as much money as you can and fill the cab up with ■■■■ 'n booze” is the most essential advice for anyone going to Belgium.

It is getting very expensive in Belgium to kill yourself now £30.00 for cigs.
Get spirits from Belgium but beer and wine from France.

Just please bear in mind that parking up in Belgium can like the U.K. be dangerous.
Just remember that it is safety in numbers and park where there are others parking. Also just have a quick check in the back just before you set off from a stop and just employ the same amount of common sense that you would use in the U.K.

If in doubt just ask, you might get the odd idiot who will not want to help but on the whole most drivers will (sometimes) even go out of there way to help you.

Good luck, have fun and treat it like an adventure not a job.

Well i don’t know if i am lucky or unlucky, but i think i have been pulled off that job. My expertise being required closer to home!!. Expertise= sorting slip ups!.

No worries, just call back if you you get the call again!