Euro tunnel

Glad to see their back to the long delays we had befoe Christmas useless kermits

Ive been in the queue since 6am and have just gone through uk border.

I still think its a big conspiracy to get lorries on the myferrylink boats.

Thanks for putting everybody off the train. Arrived at Calais at lunchtime today sat about 20 minutes on the loading queues then straight over arriving about 1.30p.m. in Folkestone, no probs… :smiley:

i got there at 5.50am and got on the train at 9.50 am :imp: :imp: :imp: AND the train i was on only 15 trucks on so it was half empty…

WHY

back on it again sunday.

jessicas dad:
Ive been in the queue since 6am and have just gone through uk border.

I still think its a big conspiracy to get lorries on the myferrylink boats.

I can’t see how this would work though as most companies would have accounts with P&O / DFDS they can just go on instead of having to wait for My Ferry Link?

I dont know pete, but Eurotunnel own myferrylink and hardly anybody uses it.

Lots off queues at the tunnel and try and force customers to try other options.

It would work for tourism vehicles as Eurotunnel can tell customers who to use… but I’d think that companies would have a back up account with at least two of the ferry companies to use when it goes belly up (I know I do…)

Although today DFDS only have one boat on the Dunkirk route :open_mouth:

I am on the Euro Tunnel on Wednesday for the first time, hope it’s moving freely.

LukeFR:
I am on the Euro Tunnel on Wednesday for the first time, hope it’s moving freely.

All okay this morning :slight_smile:

Spoke too soon

Please could you post a link to that webcam? Thanks!

I did a bit of googling, and only came up with the BBC’s Eurotunnel travel page at bbc.co.uk/travelnews/eurotunnel
Which is currently (well, last updated 17 minutes ago) showing 30min delays for freight due to volume of traffic.

Of course here you go:

M20 Traffic Cameras

You have to scroll down to get to Junction 11a, but it has all of M20 on there!

Just wish there was one for the Calais side as well :frowning:

I am in the queue now and it starts at the bend off tge Motorway

:grin:

went from folkestone 5.30 am wednesday morning 2 hrs to get too calais came back from calais thursday 8 am english time phone line saying no waiting time before check in took 45 mins to check in then about 30 mins to get to ukba then 15 mins in the lanes not bad going by recent standards was supposed to be on it wednesday night ut phone line saying 3 and half hours delay so stopped at chez jo and had a steak yummie

PeterW:
Of course here you go:

M20 Traffic Cameras

Thank you! I’m heading out to Europe at the beginning of next week, and might possibly be coming to the UK.

PeterW:
Of course here you go:

M20 Traffic Cameras

Thanks Peter W for good useful link! yes wish one for Calais!

Myself did check on this camera regulars and almost everyday from 5pm till 10:30pm there were huge queues on Folkestone side - must be busy peak hours also I think this evening will be worse due foreign lorries want to get out of UK before this weekend

I know this isn’t relevant to this Eurotunnel thread but if you go on www.trafficengland.com it gives you the cameras for the whole of the England.

Yesterday I thought right I’ve had enough of the tunnel I’m off to Dunkirk ! Arrived at 13.45 uk time got off in Dover 19.20 uk time. Now I remember why I use the tunnel.

‏@Burger_Ferry

Eurotunnel overnight suspension of services between Sat 19th Jan - Sun 20th Jan due to a safety exercise. Times to follow (1/2) #freight

@Burger_Ferry

Last Eurotunnel service on 19/01 from Folkestone 21:54 & from Calais 23:24 / First service on 20/01 from Folkestone & Calais at 06:23 (2/2)

Shutting the tunnel down in case any of you are going tomorrow night.

turnip:
Yesterday I thought right I’ve had enough of the tunnel I’m off to Dunkirk ! Arrived at 13.45 uk time got off in Dover 19.20 uk time. Now I remember why I use the tunnel.

I think DFDS have had some problems on the Dunkirk route the last few days. One boat out for refit and another had a technical issue.