Euro Tax and P&O

For those of you who buy you Eurotax from the P&O booking booths at Dover be warned they are ending this service at the end of October.

Yep, I bought a months worth last Sunday and the guy pointed out it would, be the last one I bought from them.

Seems like another step along P&O’s lets not provide any form of service to our customers at all plan, which they seem to be doing very well at.

have you tried NORFOLK line as they should be able to help out with the euro-vingette, if not try this site posted below as this will show where you canget the vingette,

go to where it says EUROVINGETTE; then to where it says

EUROVIGETTE STANDORT ,this will put up a map area where you can get the location of the places it is sold.

You can still but it at Ashford Truckstop (and no they won’t charge you parking if you’re just stopping to buy tax) and of course at Trans Marck and a few other places in the Calais area but it all adds time to your journey.

and Elf Calais Truckstop too

And at coquelles at the tunnel

Why can’t they set up a website and sell it on the internet?

they have a site which is posted a few posts before this,and you can not get it on the web because the system was not set up to do this and the way it has to be paid for and divided up amongst the countrys who are part of the eurovingette, if you use the web site to find where to buy it you can also
print out the list of the locations where to buy it,IN the UK;F;B:NL;G;DK L; ’
SO THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS:

belgium is probably the hardest place to get the vignette.
there are no fuel stations that sell it on the motorway network.
there are a few that sell it near to the ports and most of the older borders still sell it but only between the hours of 0600 and 1800 when the border posts are manned.
most of the newer border crossings don’t have any facility for the purchase of the tax or anything else for that matter.
france seems to offer the most outlets for the purchase of the vignette which is very good considering that they don’t even operate the same system (must be some sort of return for the service).
quite a lot of the outlets in germany have ceased to sell the vignette now and although many of the truckstops still sell it you have to travel off route in some cases to get to them.
personally i cannot see it lasting too long myself.
now the maut system has been in operation almost problem free for over a year i think all eye’s will be on adoption of a similar system.
the french government have recently sold it’s stake in the autoroutes for 13billion euro, supposedly to balance it’s books for the eu but could it possibly be so it can introduce road user charges on the national routes?
personally i like the austrian system, it’s easy to use, easy to install and requires very little in the way of management from the driver or employer.

well on the tv over here last night the mout will be on the natinal routes as well for truckes . and thay are bringing it in for cars as well .
thay are talking about selling the Auto routs off auto bans . and thay are going to have markers to see how fast you are going as well . so big brother is on you here as well .(in Germany that is )