Euro PSL Ltd,Portsmouth port

toby1234abc:
Any ex drivers or owner drivers out there?

Hi. Yes I was a subby on there in the late nineties to early 2002 when Chris Yeomans was there. I believe he started on his own and went bust twice. His wife Heather used to work in the office as well. Lovely lady. Im trying to trace Tim Echins I think thats how you spell his last name. He had a Pink and Grey Scania subbing of them, he then jacked it all in and bought a van to do courier work out of Gatwick.

Tim is a member on here. cant for the life of me remember his user name though. can you remember 1 eyed fred on for the brothers grim from eastbourne ■■

Ok so just to put you all straight, Chris Yeomans has NEVER gone bust! He had a thriving business previously, which we sold up to emigrate to Florida. Sadly the economic climate over there at the time was extremely tough, and we came back. Now operating again, and thriving again, because we work 24 hours a day and aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty! You are thinking of Tim Eggins who had the pink and grey Scania. Lost touch with him but I am sure you could find him on facebook. Very nice chap! Heard on the grapevine that Fred had passed away sadly. He was a character that’s for sure. Hope that has cleared the matter up!!!

Amazing.

I worked for PSL Group in Maldon for many years and I have never seen such a badly organised international transport operation as that run by Chris Yeoman who was eventually fired for just about every thing the book could throw at you.

Basic problem seemed to be that he tried to run his own business previously, very badly by all accounts from comments of former drivers, was given a chance at PSL by a former director named Richard Peacock who word was he stitched up to get the seat.

It was commonly known by staff that he was illiterate and his partner Heather had to write his letters and sort his paper work out.

It was obvious that it was the owner drivers who were being stitched up with him taking a big cut what ever the circumstances.

When he was booted out, he set up as an owner driver again doing the usual subby work and then disappeared to Florida leaving debts outstanding.

Seemed good at convincing owners drivers he was the main man but in his case it was obvious that his limits were that of an owner driver but many people seem to have suffered financial losses along the way as a result of his inabilities.

Maria

Andre Garcia.And Bob Garnett.Anybody know them?.How is Bob.
He set up Garnett Eurotrans out of Southampton.
And Katy Scully,she worked in the Portsmouth office.
In the Porto office of Garlands,there was Oscar and Fatima.
The Lisbon Aboboda office and warehouse staff were not so friendly.
You could take two to three days to load a trailer in Portugal for the back load to the UK.
A few hours for a few boxes or pallets.Wait for it to be made and packed by under age factory workers.
Top off the trailer at a large depot in Porto on a friday night.No sleep.Moving to bays and ramps all night.Then a full days drive saturday to beat the driving ban in the Basque area of Spain.

Any ex drivers or owner drivers out there?

Did a bit for them years ago (early 90’s) when I was employed by another firm. I remember getting stitched up every Friday afternoon with British Shoe in Braunstone. Always reasonable work though, never had any gripes with it. Kinda liked it in fact.

would that be psl that use to load out of porto for pontefract

Yes,that was for Next,shoes for Pontefract,they were part of the Garland Laidley group.