Euro Drivers Info Point

quote from the fta handbook 2009 edition:
DRIVING RESTRICTIONS:
ALL GOODS VEHICLES ARRIVING FROM BELGIUM OR GERMANY AND HEADING FOR FRANCE WITH A GROSS WEIGHT EXCEEDING 7.5t WITH OR WITHOUT A TRAILER.
PROHIBITION: FROM 2130hrs ON SATURDAY AND THE EVE OF PUBLIC HOLIDAYS UNTIL 2145hrs ON SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.

ARRIVING FROM BELGIUM OR FRANCE HEADING FOR GERMANY, AS ABOVE WEIGHTS

FROM 2330hrs ON SATS AND EVE OF PUBLIC HOLS UNTIL 2145hrs ON SUN AND PUBLIC HOLS

THROUGHOUT THE ROAD AND MOTORWAY NETWORK

1 EXCEPTION IS: VEHICLES CARRYING LOADS WHICH ARE INDISPENSIBLE FOR INSTALLATION OF DULY APPROVED ECONOMIC, SPORTS, CULTURAL, EDUCATIONAL OR POLITICAL EVENTS

hope this helps mat

try reading this LINKand
if you look back through this forum it has been posted before.

MULTI LANGUAGE VERSION of Holiday Work certificate
in 22 languages

The link is in GERMAN , however click on the English
PDF link and read ;then click on the rest IT is easy
and you will have no problem , handy for those who
have been unable to find such translations,

MULTI-LINK-CERTIFICATES

Croatia
this link shown below was posted by Homo Faber
and any thanks go to him and complaints to me please
HERE

Does anybody know of a set of POI’s for the euro vignette. I know there is a visual list but wondered if there was a set of pois already done anywhere.

Alan…:
Does anybody know of a set of POI’s for the euro vignette. I know there is a visual list but wondered if there was a set of pois already done anywhere.

I don’t think there is, nothing I’ve heard about at least.
Where do you generally travel from?

Coming from Europe into Benelux it’s usually fairly easy to get your vignette.
Most Shell stations near the borders, in France and Germany, do the Vignette. Most Shell stations near the borders in Holland do it too although the Dutch will give you some lee-way.
Within Belgium and Lux’ it isn’t easy to find anywhere that does it, so I prefer to play it safe and get my vignette before crossing those borders. Their Police won’t give you any lee-way.

If it’s heading into Scandinavia your concerned about, I’m afraid I’ve no idea.

Thanks for that. It was just that one of our boys was delayed for a day and needed extra tax for carrying on. He ended up backtracking to verne which is a bit of a pain.

Will have to see if i cant get one made up from the list on the Ages website.

@Alan sometimes it is cheaper to buy a extra day that may or may not be used as getting caught
without the Vignette, the costs is cheaper than getting fined, we used to have a years Vignette
as it worked out cheaper for our firm in the long run ,

Online booking is the way to go guys.

Do it yourself or get your office bods to do it HERE

Information about the Polish vingette and charges
HERE

Alan…:

If you have a tom tom you can download the OV2 file from Tom Tom home.
But as said by Inselaffe you can book them on line so if needed just phone your office to book the extra day

A New site for SWITZERLAND which has lots of information
HERE

Quick Q for you guys what weight fire extingisher is required to travel througout europe

I don’t know if there is a set size, all of mine were different, but all were big enough to be able to hit an intruder round the head with :bulb: :grimacing:

If carrying ADR–HAZ goods 2 X 6Kg ones are required
if you carry no ADR–HAZ goods a smaller one normally
a 3kg type, better is the 2 X 6kg AS THEY CAN HELP ADVERT
a small fire turning into a raging bonfire,

brit pete:
If carrying ADR–HAZ goods 2 X 6Kg ones are required

Sorry Pete, but the small part I’ve quoted from your info isn’t quite correct.

:bulb: ADR’s requirements for fire-extinguishers depend on the permitted GVW of the vehicle. (ADR 8.1.4)

okay DD i admit I was only describing for vehicles over

7.5tn is this any better
ADR para 8.1.4 concerns fire extinguishers. The table below sets out a summary of the minimum requirements. Note that dry powder extinguishers are specified because it is known that they are suitable for tackling fires of class A (solids such as wood, paper etc), class B (fires involving liquids) and class C (fires involving gases).
Vehicle (max permissible mass) Minimum dry powder fire extinguisher provision
Up to 3.5 t 2kg for cab
plus 2 kg

vehicles
over 3.5 t and up to 7.5 te 2 kg for cab
Total 8 kg (usually one 6 kg but other provision is acceptable as long as there is one 6 kg)

vehicles
Over 7.5 te 2 kg for cab
Total 12 kg (including at least one 6 kg)

and this little addition
Any vehicle carrying dangerous goods under the” small load” limit or carrying only infectious substances

all this was taken from this LINK

ME I ACT LIKE A BOY SCOUT ; be prepared better too much as not enough,

But what about non hazardous freight

brit pete:
okay DD i admit I was only describing for vehicles over

7.5tn is this any better
ADR para 8.1.4 concerns fire extinguishers. The table below sets out a summary of the minimum requirements. Note that dry powder extinguishers are specified because it is known that they are suitable for tackling fires of class A (solids such as wood, paper etc), class B (fires involving liquids) and class C (fires involving gases).
Vehicle (max permissible mass) Minimum dry powder fire extinguisher provision
Up to 3.5 t 2kg for cab
plus 2 kg

vehicles
over 3.5 t and up to 7.5 te 2 kg for cab
Total 8 kg (usually one 6 kg but other provision is acceptable as long as there is one 6 kg)

vehicles
Over 7.5 te 2 kg for cab
Total 12 kg (including at least one 6 kg)

and this little addition
Any vehicle carrying dangerous goods under the” small load” limit or carrying only infectious substances

all this was taken from this LINK

ME I ACT LIKE A BOY SCOUT ; be prepared better too much as not enough,

Hi Pete,
That’s spot-on now mate. :smiley:

I can also tell you that the fire extinguisher requirements aren’t going to change once ADR 2011 comes into force, so we’ll be carrying on with what you’ve quoted in the link for at least the next two years. :smiley:

SHYTOT:
But what about non hazardous freight

I don’t think there is a REQUIREMENT under the law to carry a fire extinguisher in the UK, BUT a 2kg powder extinguisher in the cab, mounted securely, accessible and where it cannot be accidentally be let off, would be a sensible thing to carry. It could easily save your life or someone else’s.
These small extinguishers are only to put out small fires inside your cab.
Don’t try and put out a tyre fire with it, you’ll be wasting your time.
Don’t try and put out a load fire with it, thats what the fire brigade is for (and GIT insurance).
If you look in the back and notice some small flames, close the doors to try and limit air from getting in (almost certainly pointless, but why give the fire free access to oxygen?) and call out the fire brigade.

By the time you get to your cab, collect your extinguisher, carry it round to the back, open a door, set off your extinguisher and point it at the fire, the fire will be so big you may as well just pee into the wind. Use the time to phone for help, clear your gear out of your cab and tell everyone else to clear off sharpish (not necessarily in that order).