euro diary

day 1
i get in the yard for about 8ish and spend a while sorting the truck out and getting the paperwork sorted , once thats done it a couple of hours down to fo
lkestone for the train there was a poorly looking norbert trailer in the terminal .
after getting put through the scanner (errr an empty car transporter ) its onto a train and 50 mins later im off and heading for reims then troyes stopping on the 26 for the night .
day 2
im on the road at 7 heading south onto the a5 and a31 for dijon slipping onto the 39 and ultimately the a40 for the blanc. . after a stop at the shell at bonneville its on to the control point for the tunnel where all trucks have gotta stop and get a ticket then its off to the tunnel getting onto the stilts at the bottom of the climb then up to the entrance itself , 11 or so km later and im out into itay
i do a couple of hours more heading for alessandria before calling it a night . i quite like looking at buildings ,wandering how they stay there and how they got there up mountains and clinging to cliff edges and that , there are some spectacular ones in the alp region
day 3
a bit of a lazy day today its 90 odd degrees and a driving ban so im not going anywhere till tomorrow
day 4
up and away the first job is to get round genova onto the coast road for livorno and pisa , heading through genova on the motorway

then a straight run down to pisa turning off towards florence 16 km later im in a town called lucca looking for a place that turns out to be roughly a lock up where i load an 07 plate golf thats rolled . its now back to genova passing loads of marble and stone yards by the motorway , round genova onto the a10 coast road for ventimiglia and france going over loads of viaducts i get to the first services in france and call it a night
day 5
nipping past monaco and nice on the a8 im aiming for st raphael for a garage thats turns out to be near the centre which like a lot of french towns is a whieght limit of 6 tons , gotta do it , i find it and load a pretty bad saxo

an hour later im on the n7 at a place called roquebrune sur argens loading a mazda 6 , the owners have lost the keys and cant get onother one cut ,
taking the back roads i head for st maxime then round the bay for st tropez

where i load a suzuki motorbike

fighting with the traffic i finally get back to the motorway and get omto the a7 for lyon and park south of orange for the weekend
day 8 i get into the centre of orange but find loads of low bridges , im 2 km away … hour and a half later and nearly 30 km later i get there to load a ford focus
eventually back on the motorway im now heading south on the 9 for nimes , through there onto a national i turn off for a little village called la calmette ( 3 ton limit ) through the village on the main road
i find the street which even i dont attempt looking at the sign
, the car drove so they brought it to me , a volvo s60 with underside damage
getting back onto the a9 then the a7 i end up south of lyon
day 9
its a straight drive north getting onto the a31 going down the hill past nancy

then heading to a village near metz called marly to load a mitsubishi shogun
getting onto the a4 i call it a night
day 10
a clear run across the a4 to reims then the 26 to calais for a boat home and the end of another trip .

Absolutely fantastic. Brilliant photos.

Always enjoy your diaries, Mad … hey, well done on getting those pics the right size at last too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So much easier not having to scroll across the screen all the time.

no problem bear , thanks for the info you sent me .

God diary, as usual!!