Euro changes

I’ve been out of the industry for 5 years due to medical issues-and out of euro work for 7,hoping to get back into it in the very near future.What have been the changes on the continent?i havent a clue about toll collect in Germany,is the vignette still the same for Benelux countries and any advise would be greatly appreciated.

poles,czechs and lithuanians have knackered all the good backloads :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp:

mb14:
I’ve been out of the industry for 5 years due to medical issues-and out of euro work for 7,hoping to get back into it in the very near future.What have been the changes on the continent?i havent a clue about toll collect in Germany,is the vignette still the same for Benelux countries and any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The vignette is exactly the same, price as well, the German MAUT is expensive and can be paid at Toll Collect terminals throughout the country or you can fit a black box which bills you directly, much much simpler.

You will also find there are many more bigots driving trucks in Europe since 7 years ago although there are a lot who have never been past Transmarck :slight_smile:

mb14:
.What have been the changes on the continent?

You no longer get arm-ache waving at Brits coming in the opposite direction. :wink:

Harry…dont make me laugh again…got stitches now… :laughing:

France now have an optional Telepeage system in place so you no longer need to get a ticket on the Autoroute (No more getting out of cab or clambering across cab)!

No overtaking on any 2 lane motorways in Belguim. Blue signs will give exceptions to this rule.

ossie:
No overtaking on any 2 lane motorways in Belguim. Blue signs will give exceptions to this rule.

Well apart from the 2 lane bit from the French border to Jabbekke and the last part of the 2 lane section between Turnhout and the Dutch border where you can overtake - the signs even indicate this, to name but two. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

mb14:

make sure you buy some cheap and nasty flip flops to wear with either dirty white socks or grey and try and wear with tracksuit bottoms and scabby vest just to fit in with the vast majority of “euro” drivers
when you encounter a no-overtaking stretch drive as slow as possible
most important of all though is park in a routier or autohof as close as possible to the entry to the bar or in front of the windows of the restaurant and cook for yourself in the cab, seems to be the way to drive in europe nowadays :imp:

welshboyinspain:
make sure you buy some cheap and nasty flip flops to wear with either dirty white socks or grey and try and wear with tracksuit bottoms and scabby vest just to fit in with the vast majority of “euro” drivers
when you encounter a no-overtaking stretch drive as slow as possible
most important of all though is park in a routier or autohof as close as possible to the entry to the bar or in front of the windows of the restaurant and cook for yourself in the cab, seems to be the way to drive in europe nowadays :imp:

Sad but true.