euro camping

this may not be on the correct page …but it will get moved if it is…
my motorhome is in the garage having work done cos it was bashed by an old granny in a brand new merc a while back…so i hope to get it back within the next 4 weeks or so and decided to make arrangements for the annual hols.
I booked a ferry with P & O cos it was cheap £118 return in the high season.
I then decided to try and book a campsite i spain…my wife has never been there or my daughter, and i didnt want to get there and find everywhere was fully booked. I cannot understand their prices…the average price in europe for a night is 15 - 20 euros a night for the motorhome and the 3 of us. The same booking on a spanish site varies between £225 through to £350 per week. If the euro has done this to spain then god bless this country if we ever vote for it.
I have tried many different camp sites on the internet but they all go through a third party…but even so its only £10 to book through them…where on earth do they get their prices from… and why are they more expensive than the more richer countries…oh i know …theyre by the sea…and they get lots of sun…

why not try near the spanish border but in france, argeles sur mer is very nice and it’s the same sun that you get in spain.
spain is only 20 minutes drive albeit the border towns but it’s only a couple of hours down to barcelona.

Thanks for the advice but have decided that we want the beach as well so have opted for a site in palamos with all mod cons etc…its the wife who wanted that cos she has never been, and i travel to spain every other week in the truck.
however the price for a 7 day stay for 4 with electric and water supply is £177 still expensive considering that i`m supplying the accommodation.
Its amazing what prices the companies come up with for a weeks stay in a caravan on the same site…£800 upwards…the only difference is they can take their car whereas once on site i basically have to stay there…and you are not allowed to tow a car on an A frame in france…still its all done now…

Shame you could have tried this place, cala gogo at st cyprien near argeles-sur-mer. www.campmed.com/campfran/ccallag/intro.htm
been here a few times and the back gates are on the beech! :smiley:

Col1n thanks for those links the campsites look great, but when i tried the dates i wanted they were all fully booked for the month of august. I did however manage to book a site in calella for £122 for the week for my motorhome +2 adults + 2 kids…so all worked out well in the end. It just goes to show that you have to book these sites well in advance. I suppose the germans booked Last August and probably left their towels on the sunbeds at the same time :laughing:

go wee in the flowers,go to spain its cheaper and the people are friendly. :stuck_out_tongue: