Euro Bridge Maps

Wondering what’s the best bet for pootling around Europe, I currently use a Phillips bridge height atlas and road signs with a bit of Google Maps for any bits with lots of roundabouts. I don’t use a SatNav.

Is it worth sticking to what I know with a map, Google and guesswork or get a SatNav for over the water? If anyone can point me in the right direction of bridge maps for the continent I’d be chuffed.

Any help and links appreciated.

A.

For France it’s gotta be Michelin. I use the tourist
1: 1,200,000 version. Good index with little villages named. Bridges below 4.20 marked. The Pro version is more expensive but, for me, offers no advantage.
I rarely go to Germany but use a Falk map. Don’t wanna go to Germany or Swiss over 4m at all. Spain I rarely go to now, but found the Michelin map good again.
Edit. French Michelin
is 1: 200,000 tourist
and 1: 250.000 pro version
So a better scale on the tourist one, and cheaper.

Wasn`t their a German version of the truckers atlas covering mainland europe?

peirre:

this came out in 1942 but i think its been updated now.if i remember rightly it was titled bridge blitzkreig.they were a bit sparse with bridge heights as if the tanks couldnt get under them,they just blew them up.

Is that a copy of the map your Grand-dad used? If he was slightly colour blind that’ll explain him dropping his load in Italy rather than Germany.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

peirre:

this came out in 1942 but i think its been updated now.if i remember rightly it was titled bridge blitzkreig.they were a bit sparse with bridge heights as if the tanks couldnt get under them,they just blew them up.

Genuinely laughed at that :laughing:

Might struggle with the blowing up of bridges, would be handy though.

A.

dieseldog999:

peirre:

Very funny, post. Nice one.

You could try using your eyesight and reading the signs it works for me everytime
I do think its part of your job

nightline:
You could try using your eyesight and reading the signs it works for me everytime

Being registered blind, I find that difficult.

A.

nightline:

Or you could get a map and plan ahead like a professional driver?