Eu referendum whats your vote

Carryfast:

Franglais:
So, should the Queen decide how much say parliament gets?
If a green bill is being thwarted in the future should King Charles decide on whether or not it’s voted on or pushed through?

Handing over its authority to a foreign power isn’t a a say which parliament gets.

Should the present Queen, or any future monarch, get to decide whether or not a prorogation is too long or not?
And if you think it “depends” upon the case, and the monarch decides, where does that lead us?
The Prime Minister is not a limited term dictator.
The monarch should have no discretion in a democracy.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:
If a green bill is being thwarted in the future should King Charles decide on whether or not it’s voted on or pushed through?

Handing over its authority to a foreign power isn’t a a say which parliament gets.

Should the present Queen, or any future monarch, get to decide whether or not a prorogation is too long or not?
And if you think it “depends” upon the case, and the monarch decides, where does that lead us?

Which part of handing over/delegating the nation’s government to a foreign power and a foreign mandate isn’t democracy nor a part of parliament’s remit don’t you understand.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

The Monarch HAS no discretion in our democratic process (by ‘discretion’ I’m assuming you mean power).
Despite what CF says (and I fully expect him to say it again, very soon) she is a Constitutional Monarch. She obviously has views and opinions, and she’s fairly likely to get the ear of any serving Prime Minister or Government, but she basically rubber stamps any Bills that are passed, or, in the most recent instance, grants permission to suspend Parliament.
What a wonderful country we live in. We don’t actually have a Constitution (like USA for example) that is written down and set in stone subject to amendments (which are also set in stone). Things would be so much clearer if we did. We currently have the Supreme Court debating court decisions from three different parts of the UK, decisions which affect the WHOLE of the UK. Any decision that’s reached by the Supreme Court will be a ‘judgement’, ie how the Law Lords ‘interpret’ the evidence before them.

That’s the UK for you. So typically British.

One is left wondering how on earth we got here? We have heard all sorts of arguments and allegations about this current administration and its Prime Minister. We have heard all sorts of allegations about the leave campaign of 2016 so why are so many people unconvinced by the arguments put forward by the remainers? and why are leavers increasingly angry?

The obvious reason is the sense of betrayal by parliament and its individual MPs. Next the non stop attempts to get the result overturned for some alleged spurious reason. The continual innuendo referring to the inteligence of leave voters and the associated name calling - Brexshitters is just a tad more derogatory than remoaners when coming from holier- than- thou mouths- this even more so when on considers their ignorance of whatt has gone on before.

Project Fear gets near to the top of the list along with obvious bias from the media and the sheer affrontery of the Cameron Government in spending OUR Money to support the ‘official view’ in the leaflet sent to every address .

But what really, really get up people’s noses is that there is a perceived determination to ignore the result especially given that we know that at the moment the EU is, just as before, trying to influence and orchestrate events within the UK.

We know that they got up to some underhand exploits in 1975 when bankrolling the Yes campaign, but we really can’t recall quite what happened. Moreover it was long enough ago for a substantial part of the population to have no knowledge of it because it has been skilfully hidden by the pro EU media.

So what did Happen? The links explain very clearly how an anti EEC electorate was persuaded that the EEC would be a good thing for all.

How the EEC interfered with the UK media in many ways in many instances actually writing the script.

youtube.com/watch?v=l6QlkhqvC9s

How the EEC Bankrolled the Yes campaign among other issues:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wqAONXOxSk

And finally what happened when we were actually about to join and how it was all rather a secret what was going on :

youtube.com/watch?v=eqD7DOeqS8U

But most of all how this has all been quietly hushed up because THEY didn’t think we understood, thought WE couldn’t be trusted and banked on it all being too late when we did wake up to whay had happened:

express.co.uk/news/politics … membership

dexxy57:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

The Monarch HAS no discretion in our democratic process (by ‘discretion’ I’m assuming you mean power).
Despite what CF says (and I fully expect him to say it again, very soon) she is a Constitutional Monarch. She obviously has views and opinions, and she’s fairly likely to get the ear of any serving Prime Minister or Government, but she basically rubber stamps any Bills that are passed, or, in the most recent instance, grants permission to suspend Parliament.
What a wonderful country we live in. We don’t actually have a Constitution (like USA for example) that is written down and set in stone subject to amendments (which are also set in stone). Things would be so much clearer if we did. We currently have the Supreme Court debating court decisions from three different parts of the UK, decisions which affect the WHOLE of the UK. Any decision that’s reached by the Supreme Court will be a ‘judgement’, ie how the Law Lords ‘interpret’ the evidence before them.

That’s the UK for you. So typically British.

Ooohhhh.
The USA system where the judges are chosen BY politicians to judge upon the actions and decisions OF politicians?
I don’t differentiate between different administrations there, but find it all confusing.
And how many amendments have been chiseled into the stone of the US constitution, how much polyfilla rubbed in?
As I type this, I imagine someone here on TNUK will offer a definitive answer.
(Written in play-doh?)

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Which part of handing over/delegating the nation’s government to a foreign power and a foreign mandate isn’t democracy nor a part of parliament’s remit don’t you understand.

Oi ! I asked first!
Which part of
‘What should the Monarch be allowed freedom to (not)decide upon’ don’t you understand?
Is Mrs Windsor, or King Charles III, the final arbiter in whether or not Johnson, Corbyn, or Jo Swinson, are allowed to shut up shop for 5 weeks, or 15 months?

[quote=“Franglais”

Ooohhhh.
The USA system where the judges are chosen BY politicians to judge upon the actions and decisions OF politicians?
I don’t differentiate between different administrations there, but find it all confusing.
And how many amendments have been chiseled into the stone of the US constitution, how much polyfilla rubbed in?
(Written in play-doh?)[/quote]
The point I was making was that the UK doesn’t have a written constitution. I wasn’t commenting on how politicised the US legal system is.

How robust is the USA’s legal system? . . . well it’s up to them. Nothing to do with us.

They, and most other countries (all other countries? I’m not sure) have a written constitution. It gets amended, it gets tested, it’s perhaps found wanting, and if so, it gets amended again, and so on and so forth.

We don’t have that. But then again, given that the UK is made up of countries with different legal systems, that’s hardly surprising.

Franglais:
Oi ! I asked first!
Which part of
‘What should the Monarch be allowed freedom to (not)decide upon’ don’t you understand?
Is Mrs Windsor, or King Charles III, the final arbiter in whether or not Johnson, Corbyn, or Jo Swinson, are allowed to shut up shop for 5 weeks, or 15 months?

You’re descending to CF levels of fantasy when you include Jo Swinson in that list.

The hero of remainerism in all its self delusional glory, i give you Jo Swinson, neither Liberal nor Democratic on GoodMorning with Piers Morgan.

youtube.com/watch?v=uD7oWrpKwYA

At least 200 new libdem MP’s next election on this showing alone :laughing:

Franglais:
Ooohhhh.
(Written in play-doh?)

It might come as shock to you ( no we know it really won’t ) but the USA is a Federal zb pile run on similar undemocratic centralised lines,using a foreign gerrymandered mandate to impose its rule across a whole continent,which you and those like you actually want for Europe.Just as the US intended when it provided massive economic help to its German Federal ally in the post war years to help it to foist this 4th Reich/USE across this Continent.IE a USE created in the US image using German Federalism,instigated by dictatorial POS Bismark,as the catalyst for it and to implement it.So spare us all the pretend anti US bs when without US Federalism to back you your stinking Federal European project would have never got off the ground let alone reached this point in having almost taken over Europe.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Oi ! I asked first!
Which part of

Yes but your question is based on treason nothing more nothing less.The Queen can/should shut down parliament for as long as it takes the Military to arrest any number of these quisling scum to make an example of.1 day should be enough.Then reopen on the basis that’s all settled now get back to running the country according to the rules.Those rules never allowing anyone to delegate the government’s powers to a foreign power and mandate.

Juddian:
The hero of remainerism in all its self delusional glory, i give you Jo Swinson, neither Liberal nor Democratic on GoodMorning with Piers Morgan.

youtube.com/watch?v=uD7oWrpKwYA

At least 200 new libdem MP’s next election on this showing alone :laughing:

Don’t underestimate what we’re facing here the LibDem Federal storm trooper leadership being just a few of the useful idiots tip of the iceberg,of the 4th Reich’s leadership and machine.When the conspiracy includes the head of state and the forces on the Federalist side.Be afraid be very very afraid.Think Missouri 1865.

Prepare for revocation and if they get it then all bets are off.Bear allegiance to the flag whatever flag they offer at that point just as numerous Secessionists have had to do throughout history having lost the fight v Federalism.It’ll then take two or three if not more generations to get the country back ‘if’ they can get it back. :bulb:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFaXHcVS33A

In 2015 I would jave laughed my socks off at a suggestion that Johnson would be PM of the UK!
Wouldn’t many others, too?
I still think it’s some kind of weird joke today.
But I wasn’t suggesting the liklihood of Swinson being PM, just wondering whether an environmentalist minded king might lean towards giving favour to her? And would C.F. be happy about that?
I don’t know of our present Queen’s true views on Brexit (although many have read the runes) and am content if she keeps quiet on the subject.

dexxy57:

Franglais:
Oi ! I asked first!
Which part of

You’re descending to CF levels of fantasy when you include Jo Swinson in that list.

I wonder if a young Dexxy in February 1900 would have thought the same way when someone mentioned the Labour Party and its chances of forming a government :laughing:

If there is one thing we can learn from history, nothing stays the same forever. :wink:

Franglais has already made a similar point over a much smaller timescale regarding the chances of a clown ‘running’ the country. Never has a clown been driven around in such a posh car. :laughing:

Spardo:
I wonder if a young Dexxy in February 1900 would have thought the same way when someone mentioned the Labour Party and its chances of forming a government :laughing:

If there is one thing we can learn from history, nothing stays the same forever. :wink:

Franglais has already made a similar point over a much smaller timescale regarding the chances of a clown ‘running’ the country. Never has a clown been driven around in such a posh car. :laughing:

Fair point, things change, but Swinson announcing loud and clear that she’d cancel Brexit on day one is hardly going to mop up the Mail/Express voters.

Her leadership qualities and credibility are somewhat lacking. Corbyn’s in the same boat with his own credibility as a leader.
Shame really, a strong opposition is vital, and yet despite the mess the Tory’s are making they’re way ahead in the polls.

Britain is just, by nature, a very conservative country I suppose.

dexxy57:

Spardo:

Fair point, things change, but Swinson announcing loud and clear that she’d cancel Brexit on day one is hardly going to mop up the Mail/Express voters.

Her leadership qualities and credibility are somewhat lacking. Corbyn’s in the same boat with his own credibility as a leader.
Shame really, a strong opposition is vital, and yet despite the mess the Tory’s are making they’re way ahead in the polls.

Britain is just, by nature, a very conservative country I suppose.

Possibly because there is a Conservative PM who is actually trying to carry our the wishes of the majority in the Brexit vote which was leave and it does not help with all these remainers constantly trying to hamper his efforts, and yes I do not care what happens after that do the democratic thing and let us leave the EU.

dexxy57:
Her leadership qualities and credibility are somewhat lacking.

Fair point to you too mate, but for one thing, I would substitute the word ‘lacking’ for the word ‘unknown’. Of course it could be said to amount to much the same thing but at least she hasn’t got a shaky or bad record to contend with. :slight_smile:

Buzzer:
Possibly because there is a Conservative PM who is actually trying to carry out the wishes of the majority in the Brexit vote which was leave

History says that Conservative and Brexit is an oxymoron.If he was really ‘trying’ he’d have withdrawn the defence of the Tilbrook case and he wouldn’t have voted for May’s deal.Prepare for BRINO or revocation or a combination of both just as Cameron planned.

Spardo:

dexxy57:

Fair point to you too mate, but for one thing, I would substitute the word ‘lacking’ for the word ‘unknown’. Of course it could be said to amount to much the same thing but at least she hasn’t got a shaky or bad record to contend with. :slight_smile:

It’s laughable that this woman and her band of Liberalists are under the delusion they could run this country, it would be even more of a disaster than the Leyland 500 engine!

bigstraight6:

Spardo:

dexxy57:

It’s laughable that this woman and her band of Liberalists are under the delusion they could run this country, it would be even more of a disaster than the Leyland 500 engine!

Well said sir!
The Tories are doing a fine job!
Cameron (The well known author and self publicist) ran a stunning referendum campaign. And after losing, stuck to his guns to lead us forward through all of several…days?..weeks?
I believe our Monarch has strong opinions about him too?
May? Did what she could… whilst attempting to herd the cats of the ERG.
And now a wonderful specimen, sacked from his early job for fabrication (that’s diplomatic speak for lying. I’m sure you know that, but he wouldn’t). And just to be clear, sacked: as a Journalist; for Lying. An awesome start. His wives and the mothers of his children stood by him, so he can’t be a bad bloke.
The same man who today said during a hospital visit, he wasn’t on a photo opportunity. We know he said that, because it was reported by newspapers, TV crews and…photographers!

Trouble is the press keep finding fault don’t they?
Horrible people. No sense of propriety. They’ll criticise everyone.
They’ve found loads of fault with Swinson, hence all the photos and stories about her past in the Sun etc.
Acres of it…well…soon…they’ll find some.
Or find a future PM to fabricate it.