Eu referendum whats your vote

Tempest:
It is not only Farage, al lot of ardent Brexiteers have moved their businesses abroad in order to save their are. Rees Mogg, Dyson just to mention the most famous.
The first thing that arch Brexiteers wanna do is scrap the 48 hours avarage working hours rule within the 17 weeks so we are gonna have less working rights not more.
There is not one study that says that Brexit is gonna be good for the economy.
And you know what if we go into recession there will be less money for everyone. In order to sign new free trade agreements countries like India will ask to ease the visa process for its people.
And you know what due to drivers shortage I bet whatever you want that it will be very easy to come here if you are a truck driver.
If you think that is hard competing with a eastern European good luck when you will have to compete with a Chinese or a Bangladeshi ,Indian. (with no offence)
The UK will be a small country among beasts with limited negotiation power.

Right on the money again, Tempest, and it beggars belief that drivers like Ramone hate the 48 hour protection and consider it one more thing to blame the EU for.

There will be little or no diminution of foreign workers needed and coming to Britain, only difference is they will be from another region further afield than Europe.

Just goes to show what a laughing stock this country has become when Shamima Begum an ISIS wife and supporter who was stripped of her UK citizenship has been granted legal aid to fight her case to get the decision removed, I am at a loss for words on this one what has this nation come too, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Just goes to show what a laughing stock this country has become when Shamima Begum an ISIS wife and supporter who was stripped of her UK citizenship has been granted legal aid to fight her case to get the decision removed, I am at a loss for words on this one what has this nation come too, Buzzer.

You may be right, but it has nothing at all to do with the EU. She would still have got it if Britain had left on the 29th of March.

Spardo:

Buzzer:

You may be right, but it has nothing at all to do with the EU. She would still have got it if Britain had left on the 29th of March.

If she is guilty of half the things she has been accused of, then fine. But should we happy that a politician hasthe power to issue punishments without judicial oversight?
Maybe it’s correct and just in this case, but how many would be happy with Home Secretary Corbin having these powers without restraint?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Spardo:

Buzzer:

If she is guilty of half the things she has been accused of, then fine. But should we happy that a politician hasthe power to issue punishments without judicial oversight?
Maybe it’s correct and just in this case, but how many would be happy with Home Secretary Corbin having these powers without restraint?

Or perhaps the true complaint is, as I have heard, it is much more difficult to get legal aid in Britain these days. And that maybe she is being treated more leniently than other deserving cases where people have not absconded to fraternise with an enemy. But that is a different subject.

I wonder if William Joyce and that Amery bloke who were hanged at the end of the war got legal aid, or even an appeal.

Morning All.
I wonder how many people will have something nice to say about this PM. Harvey… I can hear the key boards from here.

Franglais:

kmills:

HRS:

Buzzer:
Franglais bet you wont find a farmer in the UK that pays crap money for picking there produce that is simply not the case

Well said John,
Dont forget the HOP pickers from London who made it there yearly holiday
Harvey

But that was in the last century. Ahh, those rose tinted glasses again…

We tend to remember the sunny days, not the grey ones. That`s normal, but any who confuse memories with reality, and think the future is shaped by wishful thinking* are sadly mistaken.

Many years ago up in this neck of the woods Irish pickers would come over in the harvest ( called TATTY- HOAKERS ) and they had a good time, so much so a lot stayed and to day arround Stranraer area a lot of Galloway Irish can be heard, rose tinted etc, in the last 8 years a lot of farmers were prosecuted for treatment of seasonal pickers, they slept in old barns that leaked and old unuseable caravans, all deducted from there pay, think I pefere the rose tinted days of old. Harvey.
PS, unless of course some one can convince me things are better.

Harvey I have shaken hands with Margaret Thatcher some years ago but I think in the end the demise of the EU will be of there own doing and it will fall and then every one will say what was Brexit all about, all preparations for us leaving have now ceased so what’s that all about, someone knows something we don’t me thinks, Buzzer.

Spardo, i dint like the 48 hour rule firstly because at £10 a hour which is around average where i live would give you less than £400 take home pay. No large pay rise in the distance
So do the maths ,if you drive 8.5 hours a day 5 days a week that leaves you 5.5 hours a week to tip load fill up with diesel and of course your walk around checks.I sat at a delivery point on friday for 2 hours but couldn’t put it on poa or break because firstly they said i wouldn’t be too long but kept on messing me about and secondly i had to keep moving the vehicle.It’s another rule that isn’t thought through properly before being implemented which is why poa was an afterthought once the wtd rule was implemented

Franglais:
For CF.
I’ve never said the EU is an ideal and perfect institution. It has problems.
But the Brexit we are looking at is NOT a fix to those problems.
Give has already made a speech to farmers saying that we can overcome the problems of farm labour by using, not expensive Polish etc but non EU Ukranians and Vietnamese.
ReesMogg has said we can all be happy when we can import food free of EU tariffs from the US and Africa etc. How will our farmers compete then? It won’t be with sustainable agricultural methods and fair pay to workers.
The Brexit we’re looking at is for a small number of well off people to get a bigger share of a smaller pie. Most of us will be worse off in the longer term.
And again mention of unfair continental democratic practices, when we can see a much bigger representation of UKIP in the EU parliament than the UK one because of their proportional representation system.

You obviously missed the bit where I said first we have to have Brexit ‘before’ we can have the argument about what type of country we want when we’ve taken our country back from the EU elites and foreign mandate.On that note the so called ‘Brexit we’re looking at’ can obviously be anything we want it to be.There are no rules which say that we have to have Mogg’s ideas just as there are no rules which say that we can’t vote for a Hoey led Labour agenda as opposed to your mate bleedin Starmer’s or Blair’s version of Labour.

As for PR elected UKIP representatives yes but you’ve conveniently left out the bit where what is actually decided is governed by the other 91% of foreign MEP’s who we get no vote over.Let alone unelected Commissioners and Tusk and Juncker putting their bit in.As for PR you’ve also conveniently missed out the fact that the EU vote then adds ‘degressive proportionality’ to the so called PR result which obviously makes a mockery of the latter. :unamused:

ramone:
Spardo, i dint like the 48 hour rule firstly because at £10 a hour which is around average where i live would give you less than £400 take home pay. No large pay rise in the distance
So do the maths ,if you drive 8.5 hours a day 5 days a week that leaves you 5.5 hours a week to tip load fill up with diesel and of course your walk around checks.I sat at a delivery point on friday for 2 hours but couldn’t put it on poa or break because firstly they said i wouldn’t be too long but kept on messing me about and secondly i had to keep moving the vehicle.It’s another rule that isn’t thought through properly before being implemented which is why poa was an afterthought once the wtd rule was implemented

I can see your dilemma, but isn’t it that in the first place this is a question of rates of pay rather than safety regulation? Which should be addressed quite seperately. Presumably you get paid for POA so why does that make any difference to your take home pay? If you don’t, why do it? Why not tell them you are on break and will be back in an hour. I can see why it makes things awkward and difficult but can’t see why it makes the WTD any more onerous, especially as it is averaged over several weeks. In any case, WTD may have originated in the EU, but would have been agreed by all the EU members, including Britain, and I would seriously doubt if it will be rescinded after Brexit by the UK. So not really a Brexit issue.

Spardo:

Buzzer:

Remind us under exactly which/what/who’s ‘Human Rights’ laws her case is based on ?. :unamused:

Oh wait don’t bother who would have thought it.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2019 … p-decision

HRS:
Morning All.
I wonder how many people will have something nice to say about this PM. Harvey… I can hear the key boards from here.

:unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwdg7qVoVXk

Buzzer:
Harvey I have shaken hands with Margaret Thatcher some years ago

Was she wearing this at the time. :laughing:

twitter.com/paul1kirby/status/6 … 9230041089

Spardo:

ramone:

I can see your dilemma, but isn’t it that in the first place this is a question of rates of pay rather than safety regulation? Which should be addressed quite seperately. Presumably you get paid for POA so why does that make any difference to your take home pay? If you don’t, why do it? Why not tell them you are on break and will be back in an hour. I can see why it makes things awkward and difficult but can’t see why it makes the WTD any more onerous, especially as it is averaged over several weeks. In any case, WTD may have originated in the EU, but would have been agreed by all the EU members, including Britain, and I would seriously doubt if it will be rescinded after Brexit by the UK. So not really a Brexit issue.

If you run a small haulage company and you have your drivers running up to the 9 hour daily driving limit the 48 hour rule is virtually impossible to work without effecting your business because of the reasons mentioned above. If you had 3 lorries and they were all on 8.5 hour round trip trunks you would be breaking the law because as you know you cannot complete your daily tasks in the limited time. This would reduce the 9 hour driving rule because something would have to give. This rule originated from the EU and is another burden on transport

ramone:

Spardo:

ramone:

If you run a small haulage company and you have your drivers running up to the 9 hour daily driving limit the 48 hour rule is virtually impossible to work without effecting your business because of the reasons mentioned above. If you had 3 lorries and they were all on 8.5 hour round trip trunks you would be breaking the law because as you know you cannot complete your daily tasks in the limited time. This would reduce the 9 hour driving rule because something would have to give. This rule originated from the EU and is another burden on transport

Maybe so, but still enabled with the cooperation of the UK, and, as I said before, it is unlikely to be rescinded by an ‘independant’ Britain, so hardly a Brexit issue.

Having said all that, I was still working here when the 35 hour week came in and we all said it couldn’t be done, but in practice the only thing that suffered was our Saturday morning wash down. Much decried because it was the one time most of us were all together and we made a real social occasion of it. Anyone who wasn’t back Friday night was on a later start the following week. I will admit though that all this was accomplished with a bit of ‘inventiveness’. :wink:

Spardo:

ramone:

Spardo:

ramone:

Maybe so, but still enabled with the cooperation of the UK, and, as I said before, it is unlikely to be rescinded by an ‘independant’ Britain, so hardly a Brexit issue.

Having said all that, I was still working here when the 35 hour week came in and we all said it couldn’t be done, but in practice the only thing that suffered was our Saturday morning wash down. Much decried because it was the one time most of us were all together and we made a real social occasion of it. Anyone who wasn’t back Friday night was on a later start the following week. I will admit though that all this was accomplished with a bit of ‘inventiveness’. :wink:

From an operators point of view it isn’t helpful it’s a burden 9 hours driving time x 5 gives you 45 hours with 3 hours a week to do everything else.No thinking as gone into that rule that’s why they invented the POA to get around the rule they know doesn’t work.As for the UK agreeing to it there’s very little our lot dont agree with and as for changing it when we come oyt we wonr be coming out we will be stuck with this crap

Carryfast:

HRS:
Morning All.

:unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwdg7qVoVXk

I think the “jist” of the picture is that if she was tasked with the job of getting us out, she would, regardless of her own beliefs.
Unless you know otherwise, she had integrity.

Buzzer:
Harvey I have shaken hands with Margaret Thatcher some years ago but I think in the end the demise of the EU will be of there own doing and it will fall and then every one will say what was Brexit all about, all preparations for us leaving have now ceased so what’s that all about, someone knows something we don’t me thinks, Buzzer.

Can you imagine this lot organising a strike force to the Falklands.
Evan if we had the capability !!! There pay day is on the horizon.
Harvey

This lot are not much more than a mile from my house.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47871502

It doesn’t surprise me to see Custom’s Union, People’s Referendum and Revoke Article 50 being so consistently and aggressively promoted when you read ‘High Street Brands’ in the text. The Establishment are never going to give up their access to cheap labour. They will pay lip service to a tut, tut, tut about this sort of thing, but never be prepared to admit that there are far wider implications to this for ordinary people. They can spout about poor old business won’t be able to cope as much as they like, because all they are concerned about is themselves and their ‘friends’. Out now and ■■■■ em. Hang the ■■■■■■■■■