Eu referendum whats your vote

ramone:
The latest poll on Sky news this morning was for a second referendum the results were 44% in favour and 56% against so therefore we should have another referendum because the minority stamps its feet if they dont get their waya9 :wink:

Almost right.
The article shows 44/56 but the data doesn’t. Sky News is good enough to give a link to the data, and also says that the article chose to discount all ‘don’t knows’.
The weighted data shows
39% for a second referendum and 48% against.
I reckon there is a 3% margin with 95% confidence in the sample quoted, so yes it is significant.
But maybe not quite as strong as suggested.
The other questions show less certainty, but it seems 38% support leaving with ‘No Deal’ against 44% who say not.

?So maybe we all want to avoid a hard brexit, but dint want to tell anyone about it?[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Another clip to read, Buzzer

Amber Rudd reckons up to 40 MP’s will resign if they are barred from stopping a no deal Brexit, good thing too I have always said there are far to many of there kind. We ought to have a system where there is only one MP per county, it would be a lot cheaper and perhaps they would agree with each other a lot more, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Amber Rudd reckons up to 40 MP’s will resign if they are barred from stopping a no deal Brexit, good thing too I have always said there are far to many of there kind. We ought to have a system where there is only one MP per county, it would be a lot cheaper and perhaps they would agree with each other a lot more, Buzzer.

You’re right, there are too many of them, but your solution would be even less democratic than the present setup.

Unless you are happy with tiny Rutland having the same representation as Yorkshire, for example. :unamused:

BTW, she probably meant resigning the cabinet or the party whip, can’t see all that lot giving up such a lucrative job.

As regards the deals outside Europe. None so far, with 66 days to go. The super negotiator in chief, Fox, has got some kind of understanding with Swiss, nothing signed yet of course. But of course it isn’t allowed till Brexit, that is what the transition period is for. But wait, you are one of those who doesn’t want a transition, you want leave means leave, no deal at the end of March.

Not even a cliff hanger but a cliff tumbler with nothing soft to land on.

Spardo:

Buzzer:

You’re right, there are too many of them, but your solution would be even less democratic than the present setup.

Unless you are happy with tiny Rutland having the same representation as Yorkshire, for example. :unamused:

BTW, she probably meant resigning the cabinet or the party whip, can’t see all that lot giving up such a lucrative job.

As regards the deals outside Europe. None so far, with 66 days to go. The super negotiator in chief, Fox, has got some kind of understanding with Swiss, nothing signed yet of course. But of course it isn’t allowed till Brexit, that is what the transition period is for. But wait, you are one of those who doesn’t want a transition, you want leave means leave, no deal at the end of March.

Not even a cliff hanger but a cliff tumbler with nothing soft to land on.

Ha Ha “Spardo” your last sentence is contradictory as you have said in the past we will land in a gigantic pile of ■■■ with no deal, what a lovely soft landing that will be, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Ha Ha “Spardo” your last sentence is contradictory as you have said in the past we will land in a gigantic pile of ■■■ with no deal, what a lovely soft landing that will be, Buzzer

Nope, wasn’t me, you must be CF’s apprentice. :open_mouth:

France at loggerheads with Italy Poland speaking out of turn .French doing what they do best demonstrating every weekend .Greece full to the brim with Asylum seekers .Spain Portugal and Ireland skint .German people outraged with immigration .Why on earth do we want to leave.Wasnt it the French who were behind the WTD but wanted a 35 hour week now they are demonstrating because they cant earn enough money.Im English get me outta here

Franglais:

ramone:
The latest poll on Sky news this morning was for a second referendum the results were 44% in favour and 56% against so therefore we should have another referendum because the minority stamps its feet if they dont get their waya9 :wink:

Almost right.
The article shows 44/56 but the data doesn’t. Sky News is good enough to give a link to the data, and also says that the article chose to discount all ‘don’t knows’.
The weighted data shows
39% for a second referendum and 48% against.
I reckon there is a 3% margin with 95% confidence in the sample quoted, so yes it is significant.
But maybe not quite as strong as suggested.
The other questions show less certainty, but it seems 38% support leaving with ‘No Deal’ against 44% who say not.

?So maybe we all want to avoid a hard brexit, but dint want to tell anyone about it?[emoji5]

Hard brexit is what we voted for .no bs deals no half in half out .
Are you French ?

Here is the proof .

No deal .no soft brexit or hard brexit .
Brexit is just a word the media made up .

We voted out with no fake deal .And this waffling around in circles is remainiacs who cannot take they lost the biggest vote in our democratic history .

1_SOvUBM3ay35FLRMdU3uyqw.jpeg.jpg

ramone:
France at loggerheads with Italy Poland speaking out of turn .French doing what they do best demonstrating every weekend .Greece full to the brim with Asylum seekers .Spain Portugal and Ireland skint .German people outraged with immigration .Why on earth do we want to leave.Wasnt it the French who were behind the WTD but wanted a 35 hour week now they are demonstrating because they cant earn enough money.Im English get me outta here

That’s right RAMONE the frogs want a 35 hour week and retire at 50 and you do not need to be a mathematic genius to see that aint going to work out, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

ramone:

That’s right RAMONE the frogs want a 35 hour week and retire at 50 and you do not need to be a mathematic genius to see that aint going to work out, Buzzer.

And that is why the French and the rest of the EU are so determined in their obsructive attempts to trap us into remaining in the EU; they want our continued financial contributions to pay for their life of leisure.

There has been a lot of “We didn’t know what we know now” bandied about.

Forgive me: Both sides had all the propaganda available to publicise and put into the public domain prior to the Referendum of 2016.
To me, the Remain side was less enthusiastic and arrogantly confident that they would be the “winners” in the vote. Hence why they were less prominent on the TV and out in the public’s faces compared to the Brexiteers.

Excuse me: If you don’t do your homework you don’t expect to get the vote…unless you are confidently arrogant.

YOU, the Remainers, LOST. Stop looking for loopholes and sympathy voters to get you over it!

Well said Gazzer. There’s a piece in today’s Metro newspaper about Cameron’s decision to offer a referendum as a vote-winner and to get the Lib Dems onside after he failed to get any of his “promised” reforms from the EU. Being so out of touch with the electorate, he was shocked when the vote went the way it did. Depending on your point of view, he then either did the honourable thing by resigning, or, realising he had just thrown a great dollop of smelly brown stuff at the fan, cleared off to take up a few lucrative directorships (and an £800,000 kiss-and-tell deal) and left someone else to clear up his mess.

gazzer:
Both sides had all the propaganda available to publicise and put into the public domain prior to the Referendum of 2016.

Correct, both sides had all the propaganda. Ever heard of Josef Goebbels? What he spouted was propaganda, would be nice to see someone understand that.

Because. Neither side had any of the facts. A good reason for a re-think imo. I don’t agree that there should be another referendum, but I do fully understand why there is a strong movement to have one.

Beetlejuice:

Franglais:
Are you French ?

No.
I choose “Franglais” because my attempts at speaking French end up as a mixture of languages, spiced with a little hand waving.

I see mr dyson is backing britain by moving his global hq to singapore, now i thought he supported brexit

tonyj105:
I see mr dyson is backing britain by moving his global hq to singapore, now i thought he supported brexit

He owns over 30 thousand acres of agricultural land in different parts of the UK countryside, but when you have a personal fortune of over nine and a half billion you can pretty much do what you want any where in the world so good luck to him, Buzzer

he is moving to singapore but not europe wates construction who i am at present a crane supervisor for are on a multi million pound contract for them at there development site in swindon not abandoning britain but importing and exporting under wto we hope

Spardo: An unfortunate term “propaganda” on my behalf, because here in Spain it means advertising!

The “Facts” were equally available to BOTH sides in any way they chose to promote them, or not if it suited, even IF they were scant or just plainly not well thought through.

At the end of each TV quiz is a disclaimer: " correct at time of recording". That is the plain truth of the referendum, “All info correct at the time of voting”. I use “correct” in the catholic sense as in according to each side. You (Royal you) the voter voted on the info available at the time.
Ask anyone what they remember about the referendum campaign “propaganda” and it will be the big red bus! I bet no one can remember ANY speech by Cameron!

gazzer:
Spardo: An unfortunate term “propaganda” on my behalf, because here in Spain it means advertising!

The “Facts” were equally available to BOTH sides in any way they chose to promote them, or not if it suited, even IF they were scant or just plainly not well thought through.

At the end of each TV quiz is a disclaimer: " correct at time of recording". That is the plain truth of the referendum, “All info correct at the time of voting”. I use “correct” in the catholic sense as in according to each side. You (Royal you) the voter voted on the info available at the time.
Ask anyone what they remember about the referendum campaign “propaganda” and it will be the big red bus! I bet no one can remember ANY speech by Cameron!

There we are:
The big bus
With the big lie.

You’re IMHO correct that ‘leave’ ran a better campaign than ‘remain’.
Consider buying a new car, both seem to have good and bad points, but one salesman is much better at his job that t’other.
So you buy his company’s car.
The fact he was a better salesman doesn’t mean you’ve bought the best car does it?
Maybe yes, may be no.

If you bought it partly because he promised a 350m quid refund, maybe you might get annoyed when you found out that he was merely a dreamer?