Eu referendum whats your vote

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Bloody marvelous the truck convoy from Manston airport to Dover docks today PAID FOR BY THE TAX PAYERS and only 89 turned up, what a joke. Plus Grayling giving a 17 million contract to a company with out any ships who tendered from a take away shop, that was a good carry out by them,you could not make it up if you tried another failed balls up by our illustrious government what will they come up with next, Buzzer

It was aired on our local Border TV news this evening that out of the 89 motors that turned up “Fast Eddie” provided 15 of them ! Plus they all got paid £550 for each motor ! So that would account why Eddie piled in with 15 !! What a load of hot air and Bollox but wherever there’s a few quid to be had Eddie will be sniffing about ! Who knows Eddie might have offered to provide all 89 motors next time around for £400 a shot !! :blush: :unamused: Cheers Bewick.

£550 for a day…I wouldn’t put the ignition key in for that. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

gingerfold:

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Bloody marvelous the truck convoy from Manston airport to Dover docks today PAID FOR BY THE TAX PAYERS and only 89 turned up, what a joke. Plus Grayling giving a 17 million contract to a company with out any ships who tendered from a take away shop, that was a good carry out by them,you could not make it up if you tried another failed balls up by our illustrious government what will they come up with next, Buzzer

It was aired on our local Border TV news this evening that out of the 89 motors that turned up “Fast Eddie” provided 15 of them ! Plus they all got paid £550 for each motor ! So that would account why Eddie piled in with 15 !! What a load of hot air and Bollox but wherever there’s a few quid to be had Eddie will be sniffing about ! Who knows Eddie might have offered to provide all 89 motors next time around for £400 a shot !! :blush: :unamused: Cheers Bewick.

£550 for a day…I wouldn’t put the ignition key in for that. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Sorry " gingerfold " but in todays world there are plenty that would put that key in the slot, a lot don’t know there own true running cost as has been the case for many years, the problem with that is and has always been they mess the market up for the savvy hauliers then fall by the wayside and its always hard to get the rates back up but so easy in reverse, my opinion of course but have seen it many times first hand as I suspect you have as well, also a lot of our foreign friends don’t help doing internal traffic at ridiculously low rates to get them nearer to there home base back over the channel, Buzzer.

I wonder how long £550 bought of a vehicles time? Half a day, 8 hours? Bearing in mind the cost of fuel used…£25, I would say that was a reasonable days earnings. Especially as most of them would have gone up the road once done with.

I see most of them were Kent hauliers, Swains, Salvatori and Stobbies.

A pathetic attempt at reproducing a non effectual situation. What a waste of our dosh!

gazzer:
I wonder how long £550 bought of a vehicles time? Half a day, 8 hours? Bearing in mind the cost of fuel used…£25, I would say that was a reasonable days earnings. Especially as most of them would have gone up the road once done with.

I see most of them were Kent hauliers, Swains, Salvatori and Stobbies.

A pathetic attempt at reproducing a non effectual situation. What a waste of our dosh!

TAX PAYERS DOSH AT THAT they should take the total cost out of Graylings pay packet, Buzzer.

Call me scenically but perhaps a lot of the M Ps don’t want to leave Europe as they will loose there cushy job’s with big salary and even bigger pension’s. :laughing:

gerbil sb152:
Call me scenically but perhaps a lot of the M Ps don’t want to leave Europe as they will loose there cushy job’s with big salary and even bigger pension’s. [emoji38]

Let’s get those opportunities for corruption out of Brussels and back to Westminster. Our own Brit MPs are losing out badly on fiddles. Housing allowances and mortgage profiteering has been cut here. Let’s get the GravyTrain back to London now!
Our wonderful representatives, working hard to carry out our wishes, need more enrichment here in the UK.

Colour me cy(a)nical too!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Hi all should have been “call me cynical” but did not read before posting sorry. :unamused:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all should have been “call me cynical” but did not read before posting sorry. :unamused:

And here’s me thinking you were exceptionally pretty, Gerbil. :neutral_face: :laughing:

So a cross party selection of MPs have voted against there ever being a no deal Brexit … who are they actually representing i think its about time there was a good clearout down at Westminster and the replacements should be prepared to do the right thing for democracy and the British people.
On a completely different note its not that long ago that we finally paid off our debt to the USA for help in WW2 whereas we went and rebuilt Germany after the war and we right off their debt .Doesn’t that just sum it up now the boots on the other foot and the EU want a massive divprce settlement.

Hi all. Can any of you people out there who must be more clever than me tell me why if we leave with no deal there will be more freight leaving the UK from Dover and Portsmouth than what there is know. There won’t be anymore exports than there is know so why more Lorrie’s queuing to leave. :question:

ramone:
So a cross party selection of MPs have voted against there ever being a no deal Brexit … who are they actually representing

You, they are representing you, the great British voting public, the same great British voting public which rejected a fairer system of choosing them some years ago. They are doing their job, exactly the way the great British voting public decided they should.

gerbil:
Hi all. Can any of you people out there who must be more clever than me tell me why if we leave with no deal there will be more freight leaving the UK from Dover and Portsmouth than what there is know. There won’t be anymore exports than there is know so why more Lorrie’s queuing to leave.

No there won’t but, if there is a no deal Brexit it is widely thought that there will be massive delays backing up from the existing ports, thus they must find somewhere to put them.

In the same way that if there is an accident on the M1 and 3 lanes are reduced to 1, then the same amount of traffic will be backed up for miles, instead of flowing through at the original rate.

Spardo:

ramone:
So a cross party selection of MPs have voted against there ever being a no deal Brexit … who are they actually representing

You, they are representing you, the great British voting public, the same great British voting public which rejected a fairer system of choosing them some years ago. They are doing their job, exactly the way the great British voting public decided they should.

gerbil:
Hi all. Can any of you people out there who must be more clever than me tell me why if we leave with no deal there will be more freight leaving the UK from Dover and Portsmouth than what there is know. There won’t be anymore exports than there is know so why more Lorrie’s queuing to leave.

No there won’t but, if there is a no deal Brexit it is widely thought that there will be massive delays backing up from the existing ports, thus they must find somewhere to put them.

In the same way that if there is an accident on the M1 and 3 lanes are reduced to 1, then the same amount of traffic will be backed up for miles, instead of flowing through at the original rate.

Ha ha do you live in the real world do you walk around with your eyes shut , representing whats good for them not the people of this country who voted to leave ffs

I’ve just seen that there will be a review in Parliament of several petitions for and against leaving next Monday afternoon. It’s cutting things a bit fine if the “meaningful vote” really is to go ahead the day after. petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

ramone:
Ha ha do you live in the real world do you walk around with your eyes shut , representing whats good for them not the people of this country who voted to leave ffs

You asked, I answered. If you want to dismantle the parliamentary system and rule by referenda, start a new party. Otherwise, those are the facts.

Hi all, the point i was trying to make was why would there be more trucks if we are not going to be trading with Europe if we go out with no deal. I can’t see why we would have more truck’s but doing no trade. As i said before just scare mongering. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, the point i was trying to make was why would there be more trucks if we are not going to be trading with Europe if we go out with no deal. I can’t see why we would have more truck’s but doing no trade. As i said before just scare mongering. :sunglasses:

Kev you could put in for the contract to feed em on the M3, we could use your caravan and your Mrs could be in chare of the frying pan, I can supply the sausages and eggs all you need is the chips, we could do a joint venture if you like, JD

Spardo:

ramone:

You asked, I answered. If you want to dismantle the parliamentary system and rule by referenda, start a new party. Otherwise, those are the facts.

Oh wait it was the ‘parliamentary system’ which decided to settle the issue with a referendum both in 1975 and 2016.Didn’t hear any remainers moaning about that in 1975 or 2016 ‘until’ the 2016 vote didn’t go their way.As for parliament its right to govern doesn’t include the right to delegate its responsibilities and with them democratic accountability,to a foreign power and foreign electoral mandate.

gerbil sb152:

You’re right there wouldn’t be more loads moved.
The rest is a series of 'IF’s.
Up to you or anyone to accept/not the line of thought:
No deal (especially) means extra checks and paperwork. That means extra time at either ports or inland clearance depots. Since the ports now have more trucks, and less parking, than twenty or thirty years ago, there will be blockages. So trucks will need somewhere to wait/queue.
If it’s a really bad fubar, and each load is on the truck a lot longer, it will need more trucks to carry the same number of loads.
Since we don’t know exactly what’s happening next, so the need to look at possible outcomes.

cav551:
Yanis Varoufakis was a remainer but most of what he is saying here is a very strong argument for having as little to do with the EU as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=rhSg9X3q2gc

Over Xmas I finally! finished reading Adults in the Room by Varoufakis. It’s a very interesting indictment of the EU from a Europhile. It’s well worth reading, if a bit weighty.

Franglais:

gerbil sb152:

You’re right there wouldn’t be more loads moved.
The rest is a series of 'IF’s.
Up to you or anyone to accept/not the line of thought:
No deal (especially) means extra checks and paperwork. That means extra time at either ports or inland clearance depots. Since the ports now have more trucks, and less parking, than twenty or thirty years ago, there will be blockages. So trucks will need somewhere to wait/queue.
If it’s a really bad fubar, and each load is on the truck a lot longer, it will need more trucks to carry the same number of loads.
Since we don’t know exactly what’s happening next, so the need to look at possible outcomes.

“Franglaise” as I have said before it wont effect British trucks much as only about 10% is done by them from the UK nowadays, most formalities can be electronically controlled so I cant see a major problem with congestion at entry and exit points, plus the Jonnie foreigner’s will maybe start charging realistic payments for the work they have taken from UK hauliers by chopping rates to an un economical level, it does concern us a little as we are one of the few companies still plying our trade in Europe but what ever happens we will have to deal with it when it arrives and if it proves non profitable we stop doing the work and diversify, its as simple as that Buzzer